Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#11,022 ·
Ears were burning, but I appreciate the thoughts! and the fact you lumped me in with a really fine man.

Who loves his Fat Lady.

#11,027 ·
Just loaded her up and brought her home. She took good care of us over the weekend. Thread and vids will come...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#11,028 ·
Found a long stretch of straight, flat, open road (not to hard to do around here) and open up the Sabre. I got North of 100mph for the first time. I shut it down at 105mph, but she was still pulling strong. Figured I'd better quit while I was ahead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#11,030 ·
Nothing, spent my Labor Day laboring.:serious: Spent it with my wife and sisters family moving the big items out of my fathers house, and making two trips to the landfill. Nice to spend time with the family but, a cookout or something like that would have been more fun. Has to be done though, we need to get the house on the market asap, winters coming...:frown2:

#11,031 ·
Nothing, spent my Labor Day laboring.:serious: Spent it with my wife and sisters family moving the big items out of my fathers house, and making two trips to the landfill. Nice to spend time with the family but, a cookout or something like that would have been more fun. Has to be done though, we need to get the house on the market asap, winters coming...:frown2:
You know what Kim, you are a good man and you deserve a labor day cookout and party. Do yourself and your family a favor and plan one after this work is done. Next weekend counts...so does the one after.

#11,032 ·
3000 words / day = a writer's dream!

Rokkon.
After "the year of the migraine," it's taken me a while to really get back into it. The running seems to be helping with the headaches too, so that's also helping me get back into the writing. If I can get back to my old 1,500 to 2,000 a day, I'll be thrilled.

Thanks for the encouragement!

#11,033 · (Edited)
You know what Kim, you are a good man and you deserve a labor day cookout and party. Do yourself and your family a favor and plan one after this work is done. Next weekend counts...so does the one after.
Well once we have everything out of the house, all the carpet replaced and it's on the market we can sit back and 'catch our collective breath'. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, THEN we can plan a fall cookout. It was nice to get away from it all yesterday and get some riding in. It's unfortunate it ended the way it did though...:frown2:

#11,034 ·
Didn't do anything for my bike except get a few things ready for what looks to be anywhere from 150-300 miles starting in a couple hours. Went to bed early but that didn't help, still didn't get much sleep. I'll be on my way to meet up with a big bunch of bicyclists that did 100 miles yesterday and are going on their second 100 today!

I did take a bunch of parts, baffles, windshield, saddle bags, etc to my son's for his bike. He's putting it all back on and selling it. He's in too much of a hurry to advertise it and wants to take it to a dealer just to get what he can and put that into upgrades on his car, tried to talk some sense into him but it's his bike, his money, his loss. I wish I had the money, I could buy it and probably double my money. Oh well, he said Saturday he'll get ride of it. That little accede scared him and he doesn't want to ride anymore, he said maybe a dirt bike later on. 2002 ACE750 about 6000 miles on it, jetted with Cobra long pipes on it, beautiful bike. I wanted to advertise it here but I don't think anyone could get here on time to buy it. Feeling a little upset because I did all the work on it, oh well. I will be putting the stock pipes up for sale when I get a chance, basically shipping and a few bucks just to get them out of here.

#11,035 ·
First dibs on them Pipes!!!

Uh were your ears burning yesterday between 10 & 3 EST???
Yes we talked about you also...

Lets ride,
D

#11,037 ·
Yesterday, I saw several Bicycles "Riding the Ridge" at FDR State Park early morning...
No cars on the "Ridge" just me and bicycles :D

A Beautiful Ride with our Creator was enjoyed,
D

#11,038 ·
This morning I took my faithful '03 Spirit down to the local Honda dealer, turned over the keys, signed the title, and became the owner of a '14 CTX700. Alas, I am without Shadow.

#11,039 ·
Today, well I spent hours shopping, talking, debating and finally spending on a new windshield for my bike. See this weekend there was a ruhroh that wiped out the shiled...
Boy that sucked away a whole bunch of Honda Buck$ as Dennis calls them. But, I could have saved $80-90 by buying plain and simple, but...I would have been pi $$ed if I did and wished forever I would have bought the good one. So, I got the one I hoped for.
As for the weekend, once videos finally get loaded I will post up a thread...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#11,040 ·
Speaking of windshields, Coop...
I been plunking along on the Red Neck Fairing, got it mounted, test rode it too...
Definitely needs the lowers!!
I Just now come inside, I gave up on cutting, fitting and dodging Plexiglas chips...
Had a golfcart windshield I attempted to use, to no avail though...
Plexiglas breaks, IF I were to use that, it`d break, first deer or bird I hit...
I`ll get back on it in the morning, cutting the windshield from Chickenmans Goldwing, we replaced several moons back...
It`s Lexan :D

Lets Ride,
D

WhyIzzIt that rubber band on the bandsaw what keeps the blade in place ain`t a lifetime piece?
Both broke & came off!