What did you do to your bike today? - Page 966 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9651 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 PM

Rode into Spokane and picked up my O rings for my water leak on my bike.
Spokane is 40 miles away but on my bike today the trip went 120 miles.

I can't help myself.😃

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9652 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 11:24 PM

Garage
I found a break in the clouds and rain early this evening, and got a few miles in before it started to drizzle. Some of my favorite roads were closed again today, because water levels are once again up in the Houston area.
post #9653 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastordave1 View Post
Looks good, about how much are those kits? And do you know if they make anything to help out a rear drum brake?
I've seen some videos of their products and they look like good quality stuff.
Sorry for the delayed reply, Dave!

I found the kit for $269, which is $50 off retail. For me it was well worth it, I do ride pretty aggressive on the weekends and my factory brakes on the street bob up front were pretty lack luster. They required a lot lever force to really get the bike slowing down and heavy use of the rear brakes. Now I get much more stopping power with less lever force needed and have cut a lot of distance off my stopping distances.

To be honest I've never liked much of the Ness stuff and thought different of the brand as a whole, and never liked any of the bikes and styles that Arlen Ness is known for. But they were the only ones offering a kit like this for my bike. I did actually purchase the wrong kit at first and it came with a the wrong caliper bracket, and I talked with customer service at Ness and promptly had the correct one on the way. And the Machine work on the bracket and rotor are perfect, I've been very happy with it!

'14 HD street bob, 103ci/ 6spd, DK custom intake, Power vision2 tuner, Bassani 2-1 road rage, steering damper, Daymaker LED headlight, cafe fairing, + more!

'08 aero 750, jetted, Uni air filter, holesaw mod, 170 rear, still in the family.

'00 Silverado 2500, supercharged 6.0L, 10in of lift, Cognito UCA's, 35in mickey thompson's, 2012in wheels, 4.88 gears, MSD iginton, K&N filter, headers, true duals, 6000K HID's.
post #9654 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared View Post
I was going to ride to my monthly Knights of Columbus meeting, but the chance of storms kept me from it. Right before I was going to leave, the radar showed storms coming. So I drove my new truck instead. It never rained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate missing out on a ride due to a botched weather forecast...

94 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
post #9655 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacklsby View Post
I rode it to class like I always do. The ride home wasn't too normal though! A lady in a VW bug almost merged into me. I wasn't being as vigilant as I normally was so in my panic I accidentally skidded a little bit but other than a bit of adrenaline (not the good kind) I escaped unscathed. Before that incident I was thinking of going for a good long ride but I decided to just go home. I don't want to have to get lucky twice in one day.

Glad you made it home unharmed...Stay Safe...

94 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
post #9656 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Model: Phantom
Year: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply, Dave!

I found the kit for $269, which is $50 off retail. For me it was well worth it, I do ride pretty aggressive on the weekends and my factory brakes on the street bob up front were pretty lack luster. They required a lot lever force to really get the bike slowing down and heavy use of the rear brakes. Now I get much more stopping power with less lever force needed and have cut a lot of distance off my stopping distances.

To be honest I've never liked much of the Ness stuff and thought different of the brand as a whole, and never liked any of the bikes and styles that Arlen Ness is known for. But they were the only ones offering a kit like this for my bike. I did actually purchase the wrong kit at first and it came with a the wrong caliper bracket, and I talked with customer service at Ness and promptly had the correct one on the way. And the Machine work on the bracket and rotor are perfect, I've been very happy with it!
Thank you! Just looking for when the inevitable day comes that I need new brakes to put better ones on. When it's all apart anyway might as well use better quality stuff.

In new home!
14' Pantom
God Bless

post #9657 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:26 PM

Garage
Well, I can tell you what I DIDN'T do... I didn't ride to Moonshine, damn rain.

2017 Harley Davidson SuperLow

post #9658 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:09 PM

A lot of yall have seen this in my thread already, but I recovered my stock seats. Bought the vynil for about 15 bucks and nylon thread. Looks brand new!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
post #9659 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:13 PM

Model: Phantom
Year: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by et_miller_87 View Post
A lot of yall have seen this in my thread already, but I recovered my stock seats. Bought the vynil for about 15 bucks and nylon thread. Looks brand new!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
nice job!

In new home!
14' Pantom
God Bless

post #9660 of 16333 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:23 PM

Location: SW Georgia Between Americus & Beuna Vista - Plains & Ellaville - Preston & Andersonville
You`re an upholsterer!
Fantastic Job!

Alls I did was ride the 11 miles to a meeting last night, then finished up the fuel change by putting on 55 more miles after the meeting

Can`t just ride back home when the sweet smells of spring are abundant in the air...
Then today, I got the bilge and live well pumps working in the boat...
Then checked fishing rods and restrung the ones that needed it...

Lets RIDE, (boat or Bike)
D

`98 VT750 A.C.E.
Motorcycle Rider Rights Activist
ABATE member 40+yrs.
www.ABATEGA.org
(DC District 13)
www.mrf.org
www.MSF-USA.org
http://www.ama-cycle.org/
http://www.bikerrogue.com/Articles/Biker_Rights/History_of_Abate/history_of_abate.htm
Enjoying Life,D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page