Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  Buckskin Bandit 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#14,381 · (Edited)
Ann weren`t feeling up to cooking supper tonight, SO I Did!
We double team life each day ;)
Fired up the gas grill and made them pork chops taste GOOD!!

I did get that chain serviced though...
I ALSO Checked Tread depth & air in tires, oil level, lights, horn, levers and lubed the kickstand...
BUT Didn`t get a ride in this evening...

Lets Meet & Ride,,
D

Passing through swGA?
Free camping here
I mowed camp earlier

#14,387 ·
Yeah, the carpet is over sand in my case...
Pieces I`ve replaced for folks, I recycle to save our land :D

Keep up the good work @jwoods34

Enjoying Life,
D

#14,388 ·
If you read my reply above to Smurfy, we lucked out big time. It's the bolt that goes into the 'gear drum', that controls the action of the forks. I could understand that this bolt can't be sourced anymore, but I found a 'replacement' part number, which is the same as the rear wheel adjustment bolt out of a 2007 Helix scooter! However, the local Honda dealer said they couldn't find any reference for that number, either... I'll have to modify an industrial bolt to match...
Look at Mcamaster-Carr. If they don't have what ya need they will get you close.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

#14,391 ·
Not today but yesterday I had an adventure..
Went to Styx,REO Speedwagon, Dan Felder concert. Just before REO came on the rain came down and delayed concert for an hour. Left at 10:30 got home and in bed by 11:15. Woke Wednesday morning at 02:30am. Got on bike at 03:00am in Tampa, FL and went for a ride to work. Arrived at work at 7:15am for training in Sunrise, FL 256 miles later. Uneventful ride and the mesh jacket worked great (thanks @"Captain D" ). Sent home from training at 15:30 and arrived home at 20:00. Had to stop for gas and nap. Also hit 3 storms 1 hard two medium each about 30-40 minutes. Alligator Alley is not fun in the rain and wind. The only down side to the mesh jacket is that it does not stop rain. I am still trying to find a rain suit that fits correctly. So I got soaked. Still it was fun running it up and down the state.... Wish I was more well rested to enjoy it... Only 526 miles round trip.

#14,393 ·
Yes @Alien1965 Mesh don`t stop wet:D
"Get that rainsuit large enough to fit over your regular riding gear" That`s what was suggested by the vendor when I bought mine...
I`ve put it on several times to stay dry...
I bought it large enough,
D
I`ma Glad you got it Zipped :D ;)

#14,394 ·
OOPS!
I forgaught my good deed for the Bike today ;)
I think I found the Gremlin that has been blowing fuses when I discovered a bare wire under the seat...
Test ride tonite went well with NO Blown fuse :D

Enjoy that Joe Rocket @Alien1965

#14,395 ·
Found out my battery and/or stator will not handle the two additional H4 bulbs in my driving lights; at least with the low-RPM cruising to get home. Any suggestions for good handlebar switches or 4100K LED H4s?
Swap them for LED's

#14,396 ·
#14,398 · (Edited)
Oil change

My brother and I did an oil and filter change on our Aeros this morning. I have an 05 and he has an 09. We used Rotella T4 and Bosch 3323 filters, the 3.25 inch ones. Oil and filter were about $22 at AutoZone. Plenty of room for the longer filters. Drainplug washers were still good so reused them. Will use new ones next change. All went good then we took a little ride, HOT but bearable. Have good weekend!

eta: Brother also ordered a pair Shinko 777 tires and tubes for his from the Amazon. $210 total, not bad

#14,399 ·
#14,400 ·
Rode it about 75 miles round trip with a 4 hour break in the middle to do a jet job on ABQJAMMERS bike, it runs! Felt good to know it ran before I left! Sounds real nice too!:smile2:
Now for a shower and ice on my knee, I made it through with a lot of help from above!0:)