Honda Shadow Forums banner

What did you do to your bike today?

2M views 22K replies 1K participants last post by  bweighmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my painted parts and started assemballin the bike :)

#3 ·
Laughed at it with a big white trash sack covering the windshield and two different color grocery sacks on either mirror because of the blackbirds in my trees here lately. My neighbor has said he has seen them pecking at the mirrors and judging by the crap, sitting on the top of the windshield as well.

#4 · (Edited)
I looked at it and gave it a wink
lmao ;D

I put risers on mine along with a headlight visor yesterday, looks sexeh :D

plus I took the w.shield off for my riding-club sponsored Poker Run.
forecast looks perfect !!

hmm I need a new sig pic with the visor, mini floor boards, stirrups & risers done !!

#5 ·
I cancelled my $85/month parking contract at my downtown parking garage. When I got my job, I had to take my car until my bike work was complete. Now, I park on a bike spot where 15+ bikes park for free. As long as it doesn't rain bad, it's smoothe sailing.

So to answer the question, I put $85 in the fund for upgrades I plan for my bike. In 3 months of free parking, I'm going to treat her to some due upgrades. :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

#9 ·
A quick shine on both bikes. Checked fluid levels and fired up the bikes for a trip to Tammy's mother's grave site and visit with her siblings (she wanted to show off her new ride). Spent the day on the road enjoying the weather and ride. Don't forget Mother's Day this Sunday. As always and above all...ride safe.

#13 ·
Cleaned bugs of windshield. Look down and saw somebody took my gremlin bell (grrr!) Is there no decency left in this world?! Punk kid I would imagine. Guess my next one will have to be hidden behind the radiator.

#14 ·
Having done almost everything including replacing the waterpump and changing the coolant on my VT1100c I started it last night and found coolant squirting out of the overflow..so today I removed the thermostat, tested it and found it good, so I cleaned it..then I removed the thermostat housing..it was FULL of gunk..so much so that in the half hour I tested the coolant last night the coolant had turned brown...A good scrape out of the worst, then a scrub with vinegar then adding some strong bleach to make it fizz and another scrub with a toothbrush..put all the bits back together and it all works like a charm..

I look like a hobo after all that dirty work..but I feel like a king..

John.

#15 ·
Wash and Polish to get ready for tomorrow's journey to Maggie Valley, new rear tire, fluids and front brakes, she's ready to roll.
Also, be careful of add on's as I have discovered that not all add on's are good for the paint job and not all add on's are of the high quality we would expect for the prices we pay.

#17 ·
Going on a trip next weekend, so.... I checked to make sure my ins. card was on the bike. Checked to see that my night lenses for my glasses were on the bike as well. Checked the tire pressure. Now the wait begins......
Going to Bandera next weekend, anybody want to meet up. Will be a large group.