Harley riders stick up for Honda Riders - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Harley riders stick up for Honda Riders

Douchebag riders - Harley Davidson Forums

Came across this thread and the satire was lost on a few but for the most part many Harley riders sided with the Honda riders and ridculed their own Haley riding "brothers"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 04:23 PM

Kind of missed the satire myself but in all honesty, I've seen and heard more brand bashing on this site against H/D's than I've ever heard H/D folks give crap to metric riders. Of course, one thing is always true, folks gain a lot of courage from behind a keyboard.

V/R
SOCS(ret)

I've been Used, and Abused, blown up and banged up! Survivor of The Cold War, Y2K, The Mayan Apocalypse, numerous Mujahedeen, unsuccessful Jihadist, and some plain ol' nasty stuff. Charter member of the Taliban Hunting Club, Bagram Chapter. Leader in the conversion of alcohol to urine.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 04:42 PM

Location: Tredegar,South Wales, near England, not far from Scotland.
My mind must be pretty messed up for riding a motorcycle, balanced on two thin strips of rubber about two or three inches wide doing 100 mph while sitting over a tank of the most explosive liquid in the world which is in turn just inches above a chamber that explodes thousands of times each minute, imagine how much worse I would have to be if every time I changed brands I suddenly became prejudiced against all the other brands of motorcycle out there.. I'm just a biker who enjoys riding all brands and have enough in common with most other bikers to start a conversation with the words "Hi, Nice bike!"

John.

Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOCS View Post
Kind of missed the satire myself but in all honesty, I've seen and heard more brand bashing on this site against H/D's than I've ever heard H/D folks give crap to metric riders. Of course, one thing is always true, folks gain a lot of courage from behind a keyboard.
I agree with this... A lot of guys in the Harley Forums don't subscribe to the "brand superiority thing" Nice to see that. There are a few assholes still but they are getting thinner and thinner in ranks.

I don't believe the OP was using "satire" He thought he would get a lot of back patting and did not.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:14 PM

Well, we al know how douchebag Honda riders are!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:33 PM

Garage
I merged onto a local interstate this past Sunday and spotted two Harley guys. I fell in line behind them and as they broke off to go onto a exit from the fast lane. I waved and they nodded back. They had no issues with a Honda trailing behind. I wave to everybody though. I have no brand preference but I prefer to have a Honda(if that makes any sense).
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 05:43 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
My mind must be pretty messed up for riding a motorcycle, balanced on two thin strips of rubber about two or three inches wide doing 100 mph while sitting over a tank of the most explosive liquid in the world which is in turn just inches above a chamber that explodes thousands of times each minute, imagine how much worse I would have to be if every time I changed brands I suddenly became prejudiced against all the other brands of motorcycle out there.. I'm just a biker who enjoys riding all brands and have enough in common with most other bikers to start a conversation with the words "Hi, Nice bike!"

John.
You're a brave man John Hopkins. I'd never take risks like that. I might get hurt, oh wait, you're describing motorcycle riding aren't you?

Life doesn't care if you're unprepared.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 06:03 PM

I see the same thing here, on this forum... Somebody posts some schmucky thing about HD riders and a bunch of members will jump all over them.. It 'appens ..

If people are joking around - that's one thing.. But I don't see many people on this forum thinking they are better than HD riders.. When it occasionally comes across that way, people will usually have something to say about it..

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM

Garage
I don't care about brands, I like 'em all as long as they're fun to ride. I've owned two Honda's, a Suzuki, a Kawasaki, a Hyosung and a Yamaha. All of them have been fun and provided what I required out of them. I'd own an H-D if I found one for the right price, same with Indians.

The OP had me going with the Harley Membership Card thing, though.

1986 VT500C - On loan to family member
2005 Suzuki SV650 - ADV project bike
2013 V Star 950T - Newest addition to the stable
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 07:32 PM

Garage
I don't have anything against HD or their owners,I would probably get one if they weren't so expensive,wouldn't get rid of my Honda though. I do have to ask though,do they really go around showing people a card that says they own a Harley?

2007 VTX1300R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page