Why I hate my new Honda Shadow - Page 11 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dad View Post
All depends on spelling, there's also bee wear

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolto View Post
Wow that's a beautiful bike. I love the look of the Aeros

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
post #103 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:23 PM

and the winner is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dad View Post
All depends on spelling, there's also bee wear

Gotta admit I actually laughed at this. And I don't believe I've ever laughed at anything on this site.

So for the first time ever on any site I am typing these three infamous letters...

LOL!

HONDA OWNER'S MANUAL

2003 Shadow Spirit
VT1100C

(1) FILL TANK WITH GASOLINE
(2) RIDE UNTIL EMPTY
(3) REPEAT STEPS 1&2
(4) MILLER TIME

------------------

SUZUKI OWNER'S MANUAL
2003 Suzuki GSF1200/S Bandit

(1) FILL TANK WITH GASOLINE
(2) ACCELERATE TO 170MPH & RETRACT FLAPS
(3) LEFT INTENTIALLY BLANK
(4) LEFT INTENTIALLY BLANK
(5) RECITE THE LORD'S PRAYER
(6) TOUCH DOWN JUST ABOVE STALL SPEED
(7) MILLER TIME
post #104 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieACE View Post
Wow that's a beautiful bike. I love the look of the Aeros
Well thank you kind Sir

The Aces are beautiful bikes, love those bikes, when you get a chance post a pic of yours.

Last edited by Bobolto; 09-02-2015 at 04:03 PM.
post #105 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 04:16 PM

Garage
Sorry your sad with your purchase, I have an 09 shadow 750 spirit c2

I shift just fine, no need for a tach, I like the clean presentation on the bars. I also like my shaft drive very smooth.
Just got back from 1000 mile road trip, high elevations, mid 90s temp, long haul days, I've never had an overheat problem although. I wouldn't mind a temp gauge I don't personally think it's necessary and if it saved me a few $ on the sticker price fine

Ride safe and enjoy being on 2 wheels!

Ernie Ray - Salt Lake City

post #106 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 05:15 PM

I've had an old school 81 Kawasaki since 2002 and ride the heck out of it almost everyday to work. Love it for what I use it for and have no complaints. I got a 96 Honda VT1100C in 2003 - I love this bike and have no complaints. I never plan on getting rid of it. And now I recently just bought an 03 Harley Heritage Classic. I guess when Ive had it longer I can tell you what I think of the mechanics....but for now, I love the way it looks and feels.

03 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic, 96-VT1100C and 81 Kawasaki KZ- I am not required to know everything....I am only required to understand what I know...
post #107 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Pietrandrea View Post
I've had an old school 81 Kawasaki since 2002 and ride the heck out of it almost everyday to work. Love it for what I use it for and have no complaints. I got a 96 Honda VT1100C in 2003 - I love this bike and have no complaints. I never plan on getting rid of it. And now I recently just bought an 03 Harley Heritage Classic. I guess when Ive had it longer I can tell you what I think of the mechanics....but for now, I love the way it looks and feels.
Hey...I remember you from way back. Don't recall seeing a post from you in ages. Good to see you're still around though.

When all think alike......no one thinks very much.
post #108 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
Hey...I remember you from way back. Don't recall seeing a post from you in ages. Good to see you're still around though.
Likewise - remember you too! I'm always still around and I go through little spurts of posting stuff. But I still look in a lot - just don't say much. I guess I'm turning into one of the grey haired guys on the forum now! Still ride all the time - its a way of life for me.

03 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic, 96-VT1100C and 81 Kawasaki KZ- I am not required to know everything....I am only required to understand what I know...
post #109 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 10:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolto View Post
Well thank you kind Sir

The Aces are beautiful bikes, love those bikes, when you get a chance post a pic of yours.
It's not as pretty as yours I love those sweeping fenders and other design details that Honda made when they morphed from ACE to AERO. Very pretty bikes.

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
post #110 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieACE View Post
It's not as pretty as yours I love those sweeping fenders and other design details that Honda made when they morphed from ACE to AERO. Very pretty bikes.
Thanks, the retro style appealed to me immediately. I know the Aero 750 is sort of the "Volkswagen" of Motorcycles, but it has enough going for it to appreciate and they are built to last relative to today's
products.

The Aces have appealed to me since the first time I saw one, especially the "Deluxe" versions that have all the "Whimsical" chrome accents, tank logo and the curved rear rails and front fender supports etc. Although they are Retro, to me the Aces have an almost Walt Disney, Mary Poppins era, Jules Verne created look to them. Cool Bikes. The Aero was my attempt at getting the closest thing to a new Ace.

Thats why i was hoping to see a full picture of your Bike, I see your
Avatar partial pic which looks good.

Thanks again

Last edited by Bobolto; 09-03-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page