Why I hate my new Honda Shadow - Page 12 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieACE View Post
It's not as pretty as yours I love those sweeping fenders and other design details that Honda made when they morphed from ACE to AERO. Very pretty bikes.
Frankie,

I got off my butt and looked at your Photo Album, sorry i have a bad habit of assuming people don't have photo albums if they don't have a Signature pic, Glad i checked.

Thats a nice looking Ace Man, Nice Mods and Whitewalls, Thats the style tank logo i talked about that i like.

I would have Whitewalls if they sold a set that fit my bike without having to modify anything.

Cheers

Last edited by Bobolto; 09-03-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 06:40 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
Thanks I found that the Shinko 777 WWW tires fit just fine I'm not sure if the Aero uses the same size as the Ace but if they do I found these tires on Amazon.com at a very reasonable price and love them. I'm on my 2nd riding season and they are wearing like iron and seem to handle all kinds of weather with no problems. I think WWW would only make your bike even more beautiful if that even possible. I will tell you the front tire is a size larger then stock but it fits just fine and I know many other shadow owners have made this swap to get white walls. Thanks again.

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
post #113 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 12:43 PM

My question is: Didn't you notice this stuff BEFORE you bought the bike? You could have saved yourself a lot of grief if you go had checked it out before you bought it.

Life doesn't care if you're unprepared.
post #114 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Love that gold color. In my day bikes were mostly black or red. I like the whitewalls on the vintage looking bikes.

@$10bill... no I didn't. In fact, I never knew there was such a thing as a water cooled bike or a shaft drive. I had heard of water cooled but never actually seen one. I didn't realize this was a water cooled bike until the guy met me to buy it. And, I didn't notice that it had a shaft drive until I got it home an hour later. LOL

Impulse buy.

I wouldn't call it grief. It's a leaning curve. Now, I know a little and understand what they both are and how the are better or worse than the alternatives. Truth is, if I went looking for a bike right now, shaft drive would be on the wish list (water cooled would not). But, I say shaft drive because I have never owned a belt drive. Maybe after owning a belt drive, the shaft will fall to second choice. I won't know for sure until after I have owned one (or two).

With me, it's buy and learn. Sell. Buy and learn. Sell. Buy and learn. Fortunately, God has blessed me with enough money to do this. It's a great and fun way to learn. Sorry, if I pissed some peeps off with my presentation. It was, as someone said, simply a soft whine served with sarcasm (which doesn't always translate well online). I really love both of my shadows, albeit the older one is a little uncomfortable with the rear controls and all. In the next couple years, I will settle into a final bike and it may very likely be a Honda Shadow.
post #115 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 10:05 AM

Model: BMW K1200GT
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieACE View Post
Thanks I found that the Shinko 777 WWW tires fit just fine I'm not sure if the Aero uses the same size as the Ace but if they do I found these tires on Amazon.com at a very reasonable price and love them. I'm on my 2nd riding season and they are wearing like iron and seem to handle all kinds of weather with no problems. I think WWW would only make your bike even more beautiful if that even possible. I will tell you the front tire is a size larger then stock but it fits just fine and I know many other shadow owners have made this swap to get white walls. Thanks again.
Yep, myself and @jkustomz28 have done it.
@Bobolto , I think white walls would look great on your ride.

2002 750 ACE DELUXE: Sold
2003 BMW K1200GT
Ride Bell by Old Dad
Ride Bell by Gnarly
Ride Cross by "Captain D"

post #116 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 01:11 PM

The link takes me to ebay with black front shinko tire... do you fellas have an actual link for both tires? Really no adjustments for ACE750?
post #117 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 09:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
yes really no adjustments for a shadow ace 750. I bought mine at amazon.com and I checked and they are still available.

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page