Why I hate my new Honda Shadow - Page 6 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
....I totally love the bike.
You have a funny way of expressing that. Only a troll comes into a site, posts how much he hates what the site is built to discuss, then leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
As far as the posts about me not knowing what I was buying... duh, you think? LMAO However, that's how I learn.
If you've been riding as long as you say, then you should be able to adjust your own chain about 30+ years ago, I learned that at age 15. Obviously you don't learn quite as well as you want to think.

2007 VStar 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
You have a funny way of expressing that. Only a troll comes into a site, posts how much he hates what the site is built to discuss, then leaves.
True.. We have had a few anti Honda-in-General trolls make their way briefly onto the board, But usually those posters are a little more blunt about their message.

I think (personally), that it's okay to point out some of the things we wish were better about our bikes. We took the time to buy them, to own them, so I think we have that right.. They're not perfect in all ways after all.. If they were.. There would only be one bike.. The Shadow, and there would be no market for the rest of them.. So, and broadly speaking... To gripe occasionally, isn't necessarily a show of outright disrespect..

We want improvements, we post suggestions in the suggestion box after-all..

For example.. I wanted a 1200 Aero with about 95 horses and 65-70 ft-lbs of torque.. Did I get one? No.. I did not

But.. Still want one tho'!! ...and the minute Mr. Honda reads my post and makes me one.. I'll buy one..

****Sigh.... We can only hope that Mr. Honda is reading these posts..

Just in case..

Trueの場合、 ..我々は、いくつかの抗ホンダ・イン・一般トロルがボードに簡単に自分の道を作ることがあったが、通常こ れらのポスターはもう少し鈍い彼らのメッセージとしています。

私はそれが私たちが、これらは私たちのバイクについて優れていた希望のものをいくつか指摘しても大丈夫だと 、 (個人的に)と思います。彼らがいた場合..しかありません..シャドウ1自転車こと、およびだろう..私 たちは、それらを所有するために、それらを購入するために時間がかかったので、私たちは..彼らはすべての 後にすべての方法で完全な権利じゃないことがあると思いますそこ..それらの残りの部分のための市場になる ことはありませだから、と広く...時折不満には、必ずしも完全な無礼のショーではありません でしょう..

私たちは後に、すべての提案ボックスに提案を投稿し、改善をしたいです..

たとえば、 ..私は約95頭の馬とトルクの65〜70フィートポンド私は1つを取得しました.. 1200エアロを望んでいましたか?いいえ..私はしませんでした

しかし..まだ「 1カントーをしたいです! ...と本田さんは、私の記事を読み、私の1になります分..私は1つを買いますよ..

****ため息....我々は唯一の本田さんは、これらの記事を読んでいることを期待することができます. .

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX

Last edited by Mark-B; 08-31-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Getting my Japanese translations Googliciously Perfect! ;o)
post #53 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
I don't know what that say's but while we're making wish lists from Honda I'd love a VLX with a 1300CC motor 6speed trans and belt drive. Now that in my opinion would be cool. Thank you Mr. Honda

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
post #54 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieACE View Post
I don't know what that say's but while we're making wish lists from Honda I'd love a VLX with a 1300CC motor 6speed trans and belt drive. Now that in my opinion would be cool. Thank you Mr. Honda

Interesting..... Very interesting. That just might sell!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2002 Honda Shadow VLX 600 Deluxe - Lost but not forgotten.
post #55 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbfoto View Post
Not sure what your talking about but the VLX IS A SHADOW series bike. It has a 4 speed transmission and is a very good cruiser style bike. So not ALL shadows are 5 speed bikes. Many of us have them and also ride the snot out of them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
i didn't know the VLX was a "Shadow" or that it was a 4 speed, assumed it was a 5 speed. thanks for the info.

I thought Ringo had a 2007 Shadow, one of the 4, RS,Phantom,Spirit,Aero. Wrong again.... but do you think i'll keep my mouth shut, hell no....
post #56 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieACE View Post
Yeah, if you're going to wish, wish BIG...

i'll admit i was a little uncomfortable with the opening line in this thread mainly because i know that many of the threads here on HSN
come-up on a Google Search on the first page and in the "google summary contents" of whats inside the google links.

iow, there is, for example, a very good likelihood that when someone "Googles" "why buy a Honda Shadow" they will see "Why I hate my new Honda Shadow" on the first page of the Search in the proceeding months after the thread posted.

it's just "bad press" for the brand i happen to own... loyalty kind of stuff..

I find HSN posts come-up on the first page VERY often when one searches "Honda Shadow XXX" (where XXX is the issue with Bike) on Google.

Last edited by Bobolto; 08-31-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Corrected "Honda Motorcycle XXX" to "Honda Shadow XXX"
post #57 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Do we have a translator for this post??
Ahh why what's wrong with the post?

1997 honda shadow ace 1100
post #58 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolto View Post
i didn't know the VLX was a "Shadow"
Huh...What... have you not been paying attention to my pictures?

2017 Harley Davidson SuperLow

post #59 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:12 PM

Hey Ringo, that's a nice color on that bike. They really are nice looking machines.

"The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~ Hunter S. Thompson
Anger and worry are the two greatest wastes of time known to man. Aside from television, of course.

post #60 of 117 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
Hey Ringo, that's a nice color on that bike. They really are nice looking machines.

Yes, Ringo you have the very finest in Bike Colors, and that isn't even just my opinion, it's documented fact I mean it's a fact i wrote that in my owners manual... j/k

Red is indeed an excellent color for a Motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page