It's the Final countdown..... - Page 5 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 09:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolto View Post
Today i want to do the opposite, i want to reduce life to simplest
terms, remove as many obligatory complexities as possible.
Too many bills for stuff we are all made to feel is necessary. i am carrying like 5 kinds of insurance, for example.
My next major move is going to be streamlining and downsizing and reducing costs as much as possible while still keeping the basic comforts, in fact bolstering these basic things. Free up money.
LOVE this!!! I have these aspirations, yet it seems like every time I turn around, we have a new vehicle! Thankfully, they are all paid for except my van, but it seems like I'm getting an insurance bill and a registration notice every time I turn around!
Up here we need to have a 4WD pickup, just in case we can't get out of the driveway due to snow, my husband drives his dad's OLD Malibu for gas savings, I drive the newer (2009) minivan for reliability and hauling stuff, we've got at ATV for snow plowing, and now the two motorcycles JUST FOR FUN!!! I am feeling very spoiled these days, but also like we have so much STUFF!

"Camille"
1998 Honda Shadow ACE 750
May 2016 Ride of the Month Winner!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 09:51 AM

Model: BMW K1200GT
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany1972 View Post
We refinanced our home a few years back due to super low interest rates at that time. We had also paid enough down that we no longer needed private mortgage insurance. We also turned it from a 30-year into a 15-year mortgage. Overall, the house will be paid off by the time I'm 55, we only pay $50 more per month than we did before, and we ended up saving over $60,000 in interest![/B]
We pay the mortgage twice a month. We split the normal monthly payment in half and make two payments a month. We dont pay any more than normal and several years get knocked off the end because the interest doesnt accrue as much. For those that didnt know about this, its worth checking into to see if your bank will allow it. They wont come out and tell you about it, you have to inquire about it yourself.

2002 750 ACE DELUXE: Sold
2003 BMW K1200GT
Ride Bell by Old Dad
Ride Bell by Gnarly
Ride Cross by "Captain D"

post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredofmyownshadow View Post
We pay the mortgage twice a month. We split the normal monthly payment in half and make two payments a month. We dont pay any more than normal and several years get knocked off the end because the interest doesnt accrue as much. For those that didnt know about this, its worth checking into to see if your bank will allow it. They wont come out and tell you about it, you have to inquire about it yourself.
And if you pay every 2 weeks instead, you make 2 additional payments every year, reducing your total interest paid & reducing loan length.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk
post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 09:38 PM

Buy used, pay cash. The thing is paid off right away.
THAT'S what I love about my VStar 1300

When all think alike......no one thinks very much.
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
Buy used, pay cash.

Boring!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Just Ride...

2003 Harley Davidson Sportster (RIP)
2006 Suzuki GZ250 (traded)
2012 Honda Shadow Phantom (traded)
2014 Victory Cross Country (current)
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 01:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
Buy used, pay cash. The thing is paid off right away.
THAT'S what I love about my VStar 1300
You gotta love those "paid for" miles, vito. Let someone else take the crazy hit off the showroom floor. They put a few miles on until they lose interest, then people like you and I come along. I'll take the boring every time.

http://2007 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, Ride bell by h13man, Ride cross by Capt D
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
Quote:
When I get so.ething paid off, I want to keep it until the wheels fall off. The last minivan we had did just that. The wheel fell off! So naturally, it was time to get rid of it and find another. I haven't had a vehicle payment in 7 years. The last car we bought, we saved all the payments that we would have made and bought a brand new one.
It's a Honda so that probably won't ever happen (the wheels falling off) that is. I've got more then 60,000 miles on my 01 ACE and it still runs and looks like new if not better. Honda's rule.

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 01:11 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FrankieACE
The secret is you have to fall in love with your bike and the best way to do that is make it your own. Every time I consider buying another ride I look at my creation and say that'sMY bike, I did that I made it look like that. It's part of me............... I always forget about the other bike.

We are the people our parents warned us about. Jimmy Buffett
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Banned

2 payments left

2 payments left

post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-28-2015, 08:15 AM

Garage
Quote:

I pay 1 cent less then 2 payments every month. Lowers that principal fast. I do not allow the bank to take it of the end of the loan.

2006 VLX Named Ida.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page