Honda Shadow Forums banner

I'll get some pics up tomorrow

4K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  pastordave1 
#1 ·
Rode 140 mile round trip for a chef salad! Well not just for the salad but to meet up with ABQJammer and the group he's with. Had a great time riding and a great time of fellowship with others that I don't get to do very often. So it was a great day. 80° here when I left, didn't see the temp anywhere down there but was supposed to get near 100 and it was 96° here when I got back. Supper nice ride there, filled up with gas less than half way there wich is 75 all the way with some hard riding last time I was out and still got 53 mpg's. On the way back I filled up again this time it was all 35-55mph back to that point and I got 63 mpg's. Early this week after a long ride here trying to get good mpg's I got 69! Amazing, fast moded bike and getting better than stock, love it.
Didn't get the pic for get out and ride because it wasn't my favorite restaurant but is was very good.
Anyway, anyone else ever ride that far for a salad?:grin2:

#2 ·
No, not for a salad, but several times for fish tacos! I've only had them at one restaurant and now that's all I will order from that particular restaurant. Won't even try anything else because they are so good. :)
Congrats on an awesome ride!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Believe it or not, we don't do the fish fry thing. Hubby doesn't like fish and I just don't care enough. I will occasionally order walleye if it looks like it's going to be fresh. Yum!

#5 ·
My nieces husband is a pro walleye fisherman in Wausau, he took my son and I out back in 2010 when we were visiting, cought some nice big ones and yes, yummy!
Oh, and that's about as fresh as they get, catch and cook same day!

#6 · (Edited)
Finally got some pic's to put up

Here are some pictures from a couple rides last week plus a couple from the meet up with ABQ-Jammer.

The first ones are at the Valle Caldera which is a huge dead volcano and where Longmire and a few movies have been filmed, Longmires home is down at the bottom of the Valley , the next set are from an area that is right behind the mountains to the left of the Caldara and the last set are about 60 miles south of my home at a meet up place to ride with ABQ- Jammer and his gang[ Christian Motorcycle Club]!

Just wanted to add, the pics with the real tall pine trees is at 8000 feet elevation at the summit and there are mountains around that point about 1000 feet higher but with no paved roads going up. The one shot where the road goes down to one lane and gravel goes through the mountains closer to where we used to live on the Navajo rez. It's paved both ways in with about 10 miles unpaved in between and sandy and very narrow in spots, Mark B would love it on his Tiger! We never went through even with our 4x4 truck we had back when we lived on the rez, got into the sand and straight down on one side and straight up on the other,,very scarry and closed in the winter or when it rains hard.

some dead trees from the big fire we had a few years back

had to get one of my sons car in!

#16 ·
I'm guessing fresh water. Probably tilapia or cod. I can't find an online menu for them to figure it out. It's the combination of flavors that make it for me.

#26 ·
Aaaargh!
A collection of onion & pepper haters!

Backpedalling....not MY bunch of sickos, over hyar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.