Loud pipes save lives! - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Model: Phantom
Year: 2014
Loud pipes save lives!

On my ride yesterday I saw a squiral in the road, running right into my path, I hit the gas and he stopped but started again so I hit the gas again he turned and ran off the road, I saved his life by hitting the gas and making them pipes roar, saved the pour little guys life. So, there's prof, loud pipes save lives!

In new home!
14' Pantom
God Bless

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:22 PM

Model: Spirit 750
I usually have to do that with the deer on my way home from work in the mornings. Some just look at me like I'm stupid!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 PM

You're a Much Better Christian than I, Pastor, which is, well ..kinda stating the obvious - I know!

..I might have pulled in the clutch and tried to coast right over that bushy-tailed-little rodent!

...Every trip out. Every-single-time; one, two, or half a dozen of them acting in concert, try to get me to swerve off the road!! Had one run out in front of me, I swerved, he bolted back into my new line!! ..I swerved again, then, I kid you not, that little sucker backed-up-NO-Moonwalked into my new line again.. It was either him or me at that point, and, well ...it was him

Ever since, I'm convinced they're out to get me! So, I just quit swerving! At the very least, I'm almost certain that they are all in-it and a-cahootin'; trying to distract me from a flock of moose fixing to jump out at me, further up the road.. ..

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Model: Phantom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-B View Post
You're a Much Better Christian than I, Pastor, which is, well ..kinda stating the obvious - I know!

..I might have pulled in the clutch and tried to coast right over that bushy-tailed-little rodent!

...Every trip out. Every-single-time; one, two, or half a dozen of them acting in concert, try to get me to swerve off the road!! Had one run out in front of me, I swerved, he bolted back into my new line!! ..I swerved again, then, I kid you not, that little sucker backed-up-NO-Moonwalked into my new line again.. It was either him or me at that point, and, well ...it was him

Ever since, I'm convinced they're out to get me! So, I just quit swerving! At the very least, I'm almost certain that they are all in-it and a-cahootin'; trying to distract me from a flock of moose fixing to jump out at me, further up the road.. ..
I hear ya, I wasn't about to swerve at all, if he decided to go the wrong way he'd have been done, I just didn't want guts on my bike again, two weeks ago I hit a freshly hit one after a car and didn't have time to swerve safely on a curve so I hit it and didn't get to cleaning it for a week because I didn't notice it on my front fender at first, man that thing didn't want to come back off the fender. They usually run away right away when they hear me but the one I started the thread with literally looked like he was dancing trying to decide which way to go!

In new home!
14' Pantom
God Bless

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:35 AM

Model: 1100 spirit
Year: 2002
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-B View Post

Its a squirrel conspiracy I tell ya!

Good guys ride black bikes
02 1100 Shadow Spirit "EVE"
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:07 AM

Model: Vt750
Year: 1983
Garage
With the subject of crazed squirrels and good church going people, I was reminded of the fun song by Ray Stevens= The Mississippi Squirrel Revival.=

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 04:04 AM

I had open pipes my Shadow for a long time. Took them off and put the originals back on. Anyway, when I had the pipes, riding to work one day a squirrel ran out into the road up to the line. I blipped the throttle and he darted back to the shoulder, then to the line, then back to the shoulder and just as I was next to him, decided to run right under my bike. Between the front and rear wheels. I guess he was surprised and looked up and that is when my foot peg clocked him right in the head. I wasn't able to swerve and that would have dangerous anyway. So I thought of this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM

Garage
^ Beat me to it!

2004 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

"Yeah, well what you plan and what happens ain't ever exactly been similar." -Jayne Cobb
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 AM

Any freshly hit squirrels can be frozen and sent to me

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I've found it!), but 'That's funny...' - Isaac Asimov

Bart
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:44 AM

Model: 1100 spirit
Year: 2002
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D. View Post
I had open pipes my Shadow for a long time. Took them off and put the originals back on. Anyway, when I had the pipes, riding to work one day a squirrel ran out into the road up to the line. I blipped the throttle and he darted back to the shoulder, then to the line, then back to the shoulder and just as I was next to him, decided to run right under my bike. Between the front and rear wheels. I guess he was surprised and looked up and that is when my foot peg clocked him right in the head. I wasn't able to swerve and that would have dangerous anyway. So I thought of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kPEjZpM8M
So that's what happened to my car before I got it! Freakin squirrels!

RIDE ON !

Good guys ride black bikes
02 1100 Shadow Spirit "EVE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page