I cannot understand some attitudes - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRider64 View Post
I can see where this can be a reason for some problems nowadays. I do not agree that not wanting to share is being selfish or bad,,,it is a way of keeping what you work hard to have in the condition that you want it to be in when you need it.

I prefer one of these,,,
Rest assured, you and I are on the same page. I was saying what they are taught, not what is correct.

"The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~ Hunter S. Thompson
Anger and worry are the two greatest wastes of time known to man. Aside from television, of course.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 03:43 PM

I posted this on another social media site is response to another 'event', but it applies to the OPs situation. "It's part of the pussifcation of America. Back in the day you did not disrespect your parents, teachers, Police, adults, rules, community, country, property of others, or any authority...or you paid the price." Today there are fewer consequences, therefor there are fewer learned and embedded behaviors. Teach your children well ...

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad

Last edited by Harryc; 09-18-2016 at 03:47 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 03:57 PM

"You see, it's like I said...you get farther with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word..."-Marcus Cole
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitulu View Post
He disrespected another mans property and a woman. Did he deserve what he got? You bet.

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 04:34 PM

Model: Phantom
Year: 2013
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
Rest assured, you and I are on the same page. I was saying what they are taught, not what is correct.

No worries!! I took it the way you meant it,,,just stating what us old farts think,,,

There is nothing like your knees in the breeze!!!

2013 Shadow Phantom "Draco Vide"

Previous Bikes
1995 Suzuki VS800GLS Intruder
1982 Suzuki GS450L

Ride Bell By Old Dad.

Ride Cross gifted from Captain D
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 06:21 PM

Model: Non Shadow 1982 Honda GL500I SilverWing Interstate, two cyl. transversive "twisted"twin
Year: 1996 VT1100C2 ACE Shadow
Garage
You can go to jail for murder if you are caught, I have not been caught.Reasonable rates apply, cash only .

1996 VT1100C2 ACE Shadow,1982 Honda GL500I SilverWing,1980 AMF Roadmaster w/Minarelli V1 moped.."It's the journey not the destination" Ravens Roost Overlook milepost 10 Blue Ridge Parkway,Virginia
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitulu View Post
That scene crossed my mind. I would have loved to have done something close to that if I caught up to the guy who stood on my bike. But my violent reaction days are behind me. I wanted to follow him to his ride, either bike or car and return the favor. Bike, stand on it. Car, stand on the hood. I asked a cop (there are more than a few around during the rally) what he would have done if he had seen me just "help" the guy off briskly. He said, "Just turned around and not see anything." The scrape, if I had seen it happen would have been a little different. But, I didn't so I don't know. What would I have done. Used my helmet? Nah. I would give him or her a stern lecture about touching other people's stuff while getting their info so they can pay for the repair.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaguy View Post
first of all Violence will bring an assault charge.

Depends on where you live.

I witnessed the police getting called to a scene (I was there) where a guy got his ass handed to him for sitting on another guy's bike. The guy who was now wearing his ass for a hat came out of a restaurant with his minivan family and sat on the guys bike where his wife could take pics of him pretending to be a tough guy biker. The real tough guy biker left the patio of said restaurant and pulled Ole boy off his bike. Ass hat guy precedes to cuss at, and berate tough guy biker dude in front of his minivan family. Tough guy biker dude has enough when ass hat guy walks over and leans on the bike again. Tough guy biker then removes ass hat guys rearend and installs it on his head.

Ass hat guys minivan wife calls 911. Police show shortly after and tells ass hat guy he messed with the wrong guy and to move his minivan family on down the road.

Police then tell tough guy biker, to pay his tab and move on.

All fun and games till you call the police and two motorcycle cops show up.

Moral of the story, I know lots of law enforcement officers and pretty much all agreed how this was handled. It happens more than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Ride...

2003 Harley Davidson Sportster (RIP)
2006 Suzuki GZ250 (traded)
2012 Honda Shadow Phantom (traded)
2014 Victory Cross Country (current)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page