I cannot understand some attitudes - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

I cannot understand some attitudes

Why is it that whenever someone does something to my motorcycle I am either too far away or was inside a building to do anything? I was too far away when I saw a guy standing, yes standing, on the seat of my ACE. He was taking pictures of the bikes coming down Dickson St. during Bikes, Blues and BBQ two years ago.

Now, some jackass dragged something across the top of my hardbags on my Indian. There are small, about half inch long, permanent scrapes in the paint. I was inside shopping and came out and found it. I don't understand it. The guy taking pictures just stood there on someone else's property taking his pictures. He jumped off and disappeared into the crowd before I could get there. But what would I have done? There was no damage.

What would I have done if I saw the guy or gal damage the Indian? Well that is a little different because there was damage and they would be paying for the repair. But the question is, why do people think that motorcycles are open to that kind of treatment? Would they stand on the hood of someone else's Cadillac? I am sure that they would walk away if they damaged a car because they can't admit they did it and don't want to pay, but I have the feeling that the damage to my bike was intentional.

There are people in this town who don't like our rally and it is only 5 days away so it may have been a gut reaction to the bike and the upcoming rally. Maybe I should put a Mongols sticker on the bike. Then they can live in fear of reprisal.

Last edited by Steve D.; 09-18-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 09:08 AM

Assholes

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:55 AM

Some people don't have the brains God gave the average rock.

Start motorcycle plz. I needz ride!

"The right to self defense is fundamental to a free state. If, by dictate of the state, it is unlawful to defend your own person, you are not a citizen nor even a subject; you are property."
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:00 AM

Model: Vt750
Year: 1983
Garage
R-E-S-P-E-C-T- What happened to Respect ??? For other people and their property.
Of course we see it every day with hit and run accidents, etc., etc., etc. Moral decay !

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:04 AM

Model: 1100 spirit
Year: 2002
Garage
Way beyond boundaries! Ass kicking is in order!

RIDE ON !

Good guys ride black bikes
02 1100 Shadow Spirit "EVE"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:25 AM

Garage
Pick one of the above^^^. They all apply.

http://2007 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, Ride bell by h13man, Ride cross by Capt D
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:35 AM

BASTADS! ... And, this is why I always carry one of these with me when I go into stores, or need to use the Portajohn.

Or. I'd at-least like to!!!

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:09 PM

We have a friend who teaches elementary school and she offers this piece of the puzzle. She calls this "Day Care Mentality". She explained that she can often quickly tell which kids were in daycare and which weren't by their attitude towards personal property. In most daycare facilities, kids are taught that everything belongs to everyone and must be shared. If you don't want to share, don't bring it to daycare with you. Not sharing is "selfish" and bad. They carry those seeds in their little heads as they go forward in life. While certainly not the whole cause of the problem, it is definitely a part of what leads to a casual disregard for the property of others, an unintended consequence of what was meant to be fair.

"The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~ Hunter S. Thompson
Anger and worry are the two greatest wastes of time known to man. Aside from television, of course.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:22 PM

Model: Phantom
Year: 2013
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
We have a friend who teaches elementary school and she offers this piece of the puzzle. She calls this "Day Care Mentality". She explained that she can often quickly tell which kids were in daycare and which weren't by their attitude towards personal property. In most daycare facilities, kids are taught that everything belongs to everyone and must be shared. If you don't want to share, don't bring it to daycare with you. Not sharing is "selfish" and bad. They carry those seeds in their little heads as they go forward in life. While certainly not the whole cause of the problem, it is definitely a part of what leads to a casual disregard for the property of others, an unintended consequence of what was meant to be fair.
I can see where this can be a reason for some problems nowadays. I do not agree that not wanting to share is being selfish or bad,,,it is a way of keeping what you work hard to have in the condition that you want it to be in when you need it.

I prefer one of these,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M2 browing.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	184242  

There is nothing like your knees in the breeze!!!

2013 Shadow Phantom "Draco Vide"

Previous Bikes
1995 Suzuki VS800GLS Intruder
1982 Suzuki GS450L

Ride Bell By Old Dad.

Ride Cross gifted from Captain D
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D. View Post
Why is it that whenever someone does something to my motorcycle I am either too far away or was inside a building to do anything? I was too far away when I saw a guy standing, yes standing, on the seat of my ACE.

He was taking pictures of the bikes coming down Dickson St. during Bikes, Blues and BBQ two years ago. Now, some jackass dragged something across the top of my hardbags on my Indian. There are small, about half inch long, permanent scrapes in the paint. I was inside shopping and came out and found it.

I don't understand it. The guy taking pictures just stood there on someone else's property taking his pictures. He jumped off and disappeared into the crowd before I could get there. But what would I have done? There was no damage. What would I have done if I saw the guy or gal damage the Indian?

Well that is a little different because there was damage and they would be paying for the repair. But the question is, why do people think that motorcycles are open to that kind of treatment? Would they stand on the hood of someone else's Cadillac? I am sure that they would walk away if they damaged a car because they can't admit they did it and don't want to pay, but I have the feeling that the damage to my bike was intentional.

There are people in this town who don't like our rally and it is only 5 days away so it may have been a gut reaction to the bike and the upcoming rally. Maybe I should put a Mongols sticker on the bike. Then they can live in fear of reprisal.coming rally. Maybe I should put a Mongols sticker on the bike. Then they can live in fear of reprisal.
Paragraphs make a large block of text easier to read..first of all Violence will bring an assault charge.

In any case it's not just bikes. Many times a far more expensive car will get vandalized. It's not only bikes. I am not as bothered by people regarding my bike. One of the reasons going from a $25K bike to a $4200 bike.

People and I suggest it was a younger person as us old guys have what we want and don't covet another's goods. There is an "entitlement factor" at play with younger people.

We are getting ready for the Fall rally next week. There are people here that do not like it but they either leave town or stay inside. They usually line up the sides of the road in olf carts watching the bikes go by
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page