Honda Shadow Forums banner

So I've lost my mind!

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  mitrs 
#1 ·
1st I bought an HD VROD, now I also have a BMW F800ST......

the F800ST was a very sweet deal and a great deal is a good way to try a new type of riding out.

After 3 Hondas that I loved dearly!

#2 ·
1st I bought an HD VROD, now I also have a BMW F800ST......

the F800ST was a very sweet deal and a great deal is a good way to try a new type of riding out.

After 3 Hondas that I loved dearly!

Pics man...we need pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I am waiting - we had a biker rally and they have snapped me on a cool ride pic and will be posting it later today!

#4 ·
OK I threw one in the photo bucket link...

#5 ·
If you find where you lost your mind see if mine is in there too.My first bike was a 1980 AMF Minarelli Roadmaster moped. I bought it new from Montgomery Wards for $900. It still looks new.

#6 ·
scary part - I remember montgomery wards,,,,,

#7 ·
I used to love shopping there. They had all kinds of different interesting things- Sears was cool back in the day too- and the lunch counter at Woolworth's was fun. Man, I'm not even THAT old but times change quickly.

#10 ·
My folks actually bought a "kit" for an in-ground swimming pool from Sears when I was in middle school! It came on a few pallets; concrete blocks for the walls, bags of sand for the bottom inside and sacks of concrete/mortar, and a plastic liner for the whole thing, with 2X8 boards for the top of the walls with a plastic cover over them, and the huge sand filter system and motor for the water pump. That lasted for many years, until we let the water inside drop a couple feet, and there was a huge storm, where more water was outside the walls than inside, and pushed in a corner and half the longer wall when I was in high school. Used to be that LOTS of things could be bought from Sears. I remember hearing about how someone could also buy a house in kit form from Sears, too. That's how lots of "bungalow" style homes were built, or so I heard.

#12 ·
i built my 1st house out of the montgomery ward catalog(too many years ago than i care to remember). if they sold it i got it from them. the second house i built out of the sears catalog(after wards went out of business)........ gawd i'm old. stop making me remember these things.

#14 ·
We never got the Montgomery Ward books but we got the Sears catalogs. When I was a kid, I loved seeing that big book in the mailbox!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
i also remember when you could by motorcycles from them( sears or wards-that part i can't remember). the featured bikes were the harley davidson aeramacchi italian 250 and 350, plus several other little bikes. if i remember correctly i lusted after the 250 because it had better lines than the 350!!

#18 ·
i also remember when you could by motorcycles from them( sears or wards-that part i can't remember). the featured bikes were the harley davidson aeramacchi italian 250 and 350, plus several other little bikes. if i remember correctly i lusted after the 250 because it had better lines than the 350!!
They were sold as the HD Sprint. I had a 350 in mind then found out what a POS they were. Kinda like their brethern were at the time.

#16 ·
Sears used to sell bikes back in the 1960's with the name Allstate PUCH. German?

#17 ·
montgomery wards had a i believe a 250 they called the twingle. was a conjoined 2 cylinder if i remember right. (sorry for sorta hijacking this thread but its been fun riding down memory lane). now if i can only remember who i am....or where i am.....or what i was doing when i got hijacked.......HIJACKED...i don't even remember getting on the airplane!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.