A Shadow 750 and a Goldwing 1800 out for a ride... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A Shadow 750 and a Goldwing 1800 out for a ride...

Here's some photos of my motorcycle buddy Luke (I think he once was a member of this forum - maybe not) and his massive Goldwing along side my Shadow Aero 750.

We took a nice cruise from my house here in the suburbs of Richmond, VA and rode up route 522 to route 15 and routes 15, 29, & 17 in Warrenton, VA. We stopped at Clark Brothers Gun Shop just to nose around, since we both own firearms.

Nice ride... It was a beautiful day and we couldn't believe the amount of bikes out on the road! It was like everybody from the state of Virginia was out riding!

Here's some photos...

1st thumbnail: Luke & I gassing up our bikes (look at his Goldwing compared to my Aero 750 (already filled up) -- makes my bike look like a moped! )

2nd thumbnail: Stopping in Montpelier, VA for a quick bathroom break (should have went pee at my house before we left! D'oh!)

3rd thumbnail: At the Clark Brothers store in Warrenton, VA. Luke is getting something out of the trunk of his GW.

4th thumbnail: The outdoor range at Clark Brothers. It was **LOUD** when we walked back there without ear protection!
Left - skeet shooting range. Middle - 25 yd handgun range. Right - 100 yd rifle range.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1016161112.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	371.4 KB
ID:	186818   Click image for larger version

Name:	1016161142.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	186826   Click image for larger version

Name:	1016161313.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	186834   Click image for larger version

Name:	1016161332.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	351.7 KB
ID:	186842  

2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750

Visited states map via motorcycle: VA (home), MD, and NC.
Next states to visit: WV, PA, & NY

Ride bell by Old Dad (thank you! )

Last edited by ButchA; 10-16-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 08:43 PM

Location: SW Georgia Between Americus & Beuna Vista - Plains & Ellaville - Preston & Andersonville
Thank you for the pics!!!
I almost stopped at the shooting range today, even though I forgot the hearing protection

BUT Rules are Rules, and that`s a requirement at the range I was thinking on...

I think I`ll get ear plugs for the day bag on the windshield

Then I won`t have that drawback,
D

`98 VT750 A.C.E.
Motorcycle Rider Rights Activist
ABATE member 40+yrs.
www.ABATEGA.org
(DC District 13)
www.mrf.org
www.MSF-USA.org
http://www.ama-cycle.org/
http://www.bikerrogue.com/Articles/Biker_Rights/History_of_Abate/history_of_abate.htm
Enjoying Life,D

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 09:56 PM

Model: 1100 spirit
Year: 2002
Garage
Nice pics! Thanks!

RIDE ON !

Good guys ride black bikes
02 1100 Shadow Spirit "EVE"
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks... I'm glad it's going to be sunny and up in the 70's all this week. Woo-hoo... I'll ride my Aero 750 back and forth to work as much as I can!

Thinking back to those photos that I posted, it was also very handy having those River Road saddlebags on my Aero 750, as I stored my new 1911 .45ACP in there in its case. I brought it with me, as I am *STILL* trying to find a nice holster for it (left hand - full size 1911). See, I am one of those weird kind of firearm shooters... I'm left eye dominant and shoot lefty... My 1911 is one of the modern ones with the ambidextrous slide safety, so I can properly handle it lefty. My buddy Luke checked it out (when we were at my house, before the ride) and was saying stuff like, "Oh yeah man... I remember these from boot camp! This is nice!"

2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750

Visited states map via motorcycle: VA (home), MD, and NC.
Next states to visit: WV, PA, & NY

Ride bell by Old Dad (thank you! )
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 01:08 PM

I think there are two nice bikes and be proud of them.

Help each other and enjoy riding our scoots.

My 2003 Shadow Spirit 1100.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Thanks... I'm glad it's going to be sunny and up in the 70's all this week. Woo-hoo... I'll ride my Aero 750 back and forth to work as much as I can!

Thinking back to those photos that I posted, it was also very handy having those River Road saddlebags on my Aero 750, as I stored my new 1911 .45ACP in there in its case. I brought it with me, as I am *STILL* trying to find a nice holster for it (left hand - full size 1911). See, I am one of those weird kind of firearm shooters... I'm left eye dominant and shoot lefty... My 1911 is one of the modern ones with the ambidextrous slide safety, so I can properly handle it lefty. My buddy Luke checked it out (when we were at my house, before the ride) and was saying stuff like, "Oh yeah man... I remember these from boot camp! This is nice!"

G-Code holsters. Very nice! I use one for my competition rig.

Join the mission to end veteran suicide! Support Mission22
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 04:43 PM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Here's some photos of my motorcycle buddy Luke (I think he once was a member of this forum - maybe not) and his massive Goldwing along side my Shadow Aero 750.

We took a nice cruise from my house here in the suburbs of Richmond, VA and rode up route 522 to route 15 and routes 15, 29, & 17 in Warrenton, VA. We stopped at Clark Brothers Gun Shop just to nose around, since we both own firearms.

Nice ride... It was a beautiful day and we couldn't believe the amount of bikes out on the road! It was like everybody from the state of Virginia was out riding!

Here's some photos...

1st thumbnail: Luke & I gassing up our bikes (look at his Goldwing compared to my Aero 750 (already filled up) -- makes my bike look like a moped! )

2nd thumbnail: Stopping in Montpelier, VA for a quick bathroom break (should have went pee at my house before we left! D'oh!)

3rd thumbnail: At the Clark Brothers store in Warrenton, VA. Luke is getting something out of the trunk of his GW.

4th thumbnail: The outdoor range at Clark Brothers. It was **LOUD** when we walked back there without ear protection!
Left - skeet shooting range. Middle - 25 yd handgun range. Right - 100 yd rifle range.
Nice pics! I'll say, though, that you might be surprised that he could probably pull away from you in the twisties, leaving you scraping pegs and trying to keep up! I know, because a friend of mine did just that to me on my Spirit 750 coming down a twistie mountain road on his 1800 GW. I was

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 04:56 PM

Garage
Quote:

Here's some photos...

I totally know what you mean by the mope...hah...

went out for a ride with 2 buddies this summer...my 750 looks like a toy beside his GS...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moped.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	186978  

Love the ride,

After all, isn't that why we ride?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 09:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer View Post
Nice pics! I'll say, though, that you might be surprised that he could probably pull away from you in the twisties, leaving you scraping pegs and trying to keep up! I know, because a friend of mine did just that to me on my Spirit 750...
With all the weight of the F6 down low and nearly 2.5x the displacement, surprised and probably aren't really accurate. This is the expected outcome, and he could do even worse to you on the way UP the hill.

Cool ride, Tim! Thanks for the pictures.

There's no such thing as "Spare Time" or "Free Time" or "Down Time."
Time is time. All you have is "Life Time." GO.
-- Henry Rollins
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 09:59 PM

Garage
Looks like a fun day. Those Goldwings are nice, but way too dang heavy for me. I could handle it, I just don't want to. To each their own though. I know a guy here where I live that has one of those 1800 Goldwings, and he never leaves town. Too funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page