Bike Stripped While I was at Work - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 08:40 AM

Whatever u do, don't piss them off! Anyone dumb enough with balls THAT BIG, you don't need them after you!
I am sorry this happened, What to prevent it.....
Cover, parking location, alarm, hard to say....
Good luck!

Ride Bell By The Bride and Canyon
Retired bell by Old Dad
2 time BOTM winner
06 VTX Glide & 05 ST1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 09:35 AM

Garage
Wow that really sucks @Pretender . I am sorry this happened. Unfortunately, I can't offer any suggestions other than what has already been mentioned. Just know my thoughts are with you. I have had my bike cover stolen which in no way compares to your loss but thanks to that I am now spending a mint replacing rusted parts everywhere on my bike. So I kind of feel your pain at least in the wallet.

I hate jerks like that who think nothing of stealing what someone else has worked so hard for. I hope the cops can find these a$$hat$ and they get what they deserve.

Live for today because tomorrow is not promised.
Vets Lives Matter
Ride Safe everyone.
Robb

Last edited by ShadowWrangler7; 10-20-2016 at 09:39 AM.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:18 AM

What would slow the next crew down is to change the seat mount bolts to security type head bolt ( if such a thing is available). If they can't get the seat off easily they'll move onto an easier target.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 01:47 PM

Sorry to hear this! People probably just thought a guy was working on his bike, I imagine. Seems like a lot of effort to me. [email protected]
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 02:41 PM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender View Post
Did that minutes after seeing it. Unfortunately they didn't see the area I was parked in. I am going to be parking where they do see from now on. I usually always park in that spot, but for the last few weeks I moved because that spot is in the sun and I noticed the paint was fading really bad on one side as a result. So I figure the cover will serve 3 purposes, keep the fade down, hide the bike somewhat, and keep the kids off of it. The place I work at has a lot of kids and they tend to think it's a toy.

My wife was actually the one that first noticed it. She was driving by and saw it so she came and got me. Nothing really surprises me anymore, but as I stood there looking at all the missing parts, the thought that kept going through my head was that I had just filled the tank with gas less than a mile earlier. Odd what we tend to focus on isn't it?
You make me think I need to get a cover for mine, since the paint is fading on my tank pretty bad, after riding daily for almost 4 years, now. Our minds are funny things, with what we focus on, and what we think about.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 03:00 PM

Model: Phantom
Year: 2013
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleman View Post
What would slow the next crew down is to change the seat mount bolts to security type head bolt ( if such a thing is available). If they can't get the seat off easily they'll move onto an easier target.
What a great idea!!!

There is nothing like your knees in the breeze!!!

2013 Shadow Phantom "Draco Vide"

Previous Bikes
1995 Suzuki VS800GLS Intruder
1982 Suzuki GS450L

Ride Bell By Old Dad.

Ride Cross gifted from Captain D
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 09:38 PM

Garage
That sucks, man! Sorry to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleman View Post
What would slow the next crew down is to change the seat mount bolts to security type head bolt ( if such a thing is available).
They're available. And cheap. Problem is, you either have to carry the equivalent security bit with you, likely in the saddlebags, or you'll be susceptible to being victim of your own security.

There's no such thing as "Spare Time" or "Free Time" or "Down Time."
Time is time. All you have is "Life Time." GO.
-- Henry Rollins
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:41 PM

Garage
Stories like this just make me wanna shed a tear. So sad. Only thing I could say is use this as an excuse to bobber it out. Good luck bud.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 07:08 AM

Garage
Looks to me they knew exactly what they wanted and exactly how to remove them fast and had the right tools handy. You were cased and hit by pros. Just the way they left the speedo makes me think experience. Were the fasteners left behind ?

Your local cops might have some ideas and possibly a nearby bike shop might know someone who was pricing out those same parts , seat and tank. Notice they didn't take speedo or side panels , battery etc.
They needed replace old ripped sear and damaged tank. Maybe they were bringing bobber back to stock .
Bags and windshield too easy to identify.

Az holes

Keep it kinda quiet and Set up decoy with what is left. Maybe use trail/hunting camera. They might find they need more stuff and thieves aren't usually very smart. Pigs come back to the known trough. Look around at folks who work there or near by. A little thought and logic cane sometimes go a long ways .

Now here is one thing @Coop and I see differently.......course I don't know the concealed carry rules where he or you are. Where I am it is pretty strict but I'm a second amendment guy ready to go to federal court any time. I don't think the State want my kinda case cuz if they lose , there go their illegal rules. Already got one case dropped pretty sure because they didn't want to take that chance. Gave me my weapon back and all. Now don't get me wrong , I wouldn't shoot them over a bike.............I don't think. But a wet spot would give me a good laugh.

I'm an old fud , but some things really p*z* me off and messing with a perfectly good bike that isn't theirs is one of them.

"At all times you are only where you really want to be," unknown old man in a desert lightning storm.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-21-2016 at 07:40 AM.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
Looks to me they knew exactly what they wanted and exactly how to remove them fast and had the right tools handy. You were cased and hit by pros. Just the way they left the speedo makes me think experience. Were the fasteners left behind ?

Your local cops might have some ideas and possibly a nearby bike shop might know someone who was pricing out those same parts , seat and tank. Notice they didn't take speedo or side panels , battery etc.
They needed replace old ripped sear and damaged tank. Maybe they were bringing bobber back to stock .
Bags and windshield too easy to identify.

Az holes

Keep it kinda quiet and Set up decoy with what is left. Maybe use trail/hunting camera. They might find they need more stuff and thieves aren't usually very smart. Pigs come back to the known trough. Look around at folks who work there or near by. A little thought and logic cane sometimes go a long ways .

Now here is one thing @Coop and I see differently.......course I don't know the concealed carry rules where he or you are. Where I am it is pretty strict but I'm a second amendment guy ready to go to federal court any time. I don't think the State want my kinda case cuz if they lose , there go their illegal rules. Already got one case dropped pretty sure because they didn't want to take that chance. Gave me my weapon back and all. Now don't get me wrong , I wouldn't shoot them over a bike.............I don't think. But a wet spot would give me a good laugh.

I'm an old fud , but some things really p*z* me off and messing with a perfectly good bike that isn't theirs is one of them.
Whoa Capt....
I carry unless working. Then shhh....
Now, trust me I am all for the right to bear arms and will fight for it too.
I was kind of joking about the huge balls comment, this is almost humorous that someone is that brave/stupid/drugged to try this in public how retarded can one be. Almost I said. I am pissed and I don't know this man or his bike, it is HIS PROPERTY and NO ONE should touch it without his permission.

Ride Bell By The Bride and Canyon
Retired bell by Old Dad
2 time BOTM winner
06 VTX Glide & 05 ST1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page