All Fossil-Fuel Vehicles Will Vanish In 8 Years, Says Stanford Study - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM

Garage
On a related note, baseball cards will be popular again...

Join the mission to end veteran suicide! Support Mission22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

and theyll have speakers on the bikes to make the proper sounds , cause noone wants a silent motorcycle
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Model: 750 ACE Dlx
Year: 1998
The United States has the largest network of energy pipelines in the world with more than 2.4 million miles of pipe. 72,000 miles of those pipes carry crude oil........

Unless they can figure out how to move renewable energy through those pipes, fossil fueled vehicles aren't goin' anywhere!

Phil

1998 VT-750 ACE Deluxe

Sterling Heights, Michigan

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:20 PM

The oil companies are way to big to let this happen. I would think auto dealers would have to start buying back cars as well. I believe We are a little farther away from this ever happening in the next 10 to 15 years. Who is going to pay for the millions of worthless cars out there after they do this. I would think they would stop selling cars that run on fuel and then try and gradually get rid of them. So in my opinion here. It can't happen for a long time.

1995 VT1100 Ace
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer View Post
I'm with you guys, and think this "unlikely", at least not in the NEAR future. UNLESS the Government "mandates" such a thing, that is, though I don't think the big oil lobbyists will allow that to happen, anyway. I suspect their influence is the reason this hasn't happened already.
And what government would that be? His claim covers the "entire world."

I think he GREATLY overestimates the adoption between new "vehicle" sales and the decline of legacy support. Most of us do not operate our households on "5-year budget predictions." Think about the inverse, if you purchase a car today, he claims it will be unusable by 2032 - a 15-year life cycle. Is a 2002 vehicle still usable today? Is a 1967 vehicle - 50 years! - still usable today?

This guy has been circling the internet toilet for a while now. At one point, he likened this prediction to the adoption of cell phones, and how today virtually NOBODY has a "land line" anymore. Remember the movie "Wall Street"? In 1987 - 30 years ago - only the super-wealthy held an impractically large cell phone and virtually everybody else had a land-line. But a cell phone costs around $1000, and a vehicle costs 20x that (or more). To suggest the two products will follow equal adoption paths is absurd and careless. I suspect this is ALL a ploy to market his personal brand as an "industry disruptor" in buzz-heavy Silicon Valley.

Eye roll.

There's no such thing as "Spare Time" or "Free Time" or "Down Time."
Time is time. All you have is "Life Time." GO.
-- Henry Rollins
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinker View Post
..This guy has been circling the internet toilet for a while now..
Knew a fella over in England, smart guy, a writer. Last I heard, from one of his closest friends, was that one of his tomes was turned into a TV Series. He was real happy. Then, really not. Because he thought his book would start a worldwide revolution and cause the overthrow of the British government.

Naturally.. Great disappointment followed.

Moral of this story? People write a lot of crap for a lot of idiotic reasons, and, generally, you really shouldn't have read even this far.

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 PM

Garage
Academia...

Same people that said half the population would be dead from global warming by now.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsrt44 View Post
Academia...

Same people that said half the population would be dead from global warming by now.
Yeah those smart people are so dumb. Glad I'm not smart. Because of my dumbness I know more than the smart people. In fact, I am so dumb that I'm brilliant.

92 VLX,
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

he might be trolling yaknow
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:58 PM

Garage
Sounds like a California idea.......Might work with the traffic issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page