Handlebar Clock - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Model: 750 ACE Dlx
Year: 1998
Handlebar Clock

If anybody is looking for a nice, chrome handlebar clock with a white face. On the Victory Motorcycle website they have one on clearance for $32 and another $6.99 for shipping. It's the same one on the Formotion website that sells for $80. Formotion makes these for Victory but this one says "Victory" on the face instead of Formotion.

https://store.victorymotorcycles.com...auges/2875168/

My Formotion handlebar clock quit working on me last week. Tried to replace the battery this morning but still nothing. I bought it used about 10 years ago so I definitely got my money's worth out of it.

I just placed my order; they say 5 to 10 days for shipping.
With shipping and tax, the total was: $41.83

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 06:00 PM

Model: 1100 ACE Tourer
Year: 2000
Send a message via Yahoo to Labswine
It's a shame that Clocks4Bikes went out of business. They had an awesome product and their customer support was second to none. On my ACE 750 I had both the Indiglo clock and thermometer. Now that they are gone, I was at least able to get a clock for my bike...no more Indiglos were left so I got the plain one.

2000 ACE Tourer. Jardine slip-on's, Cobra floor boards, headlight visor and cargo rack. AMS Tour trunk. Kuryakin Iso-grips and Memphis Shades Batwing fairing.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labswine View Post
It's a shame that Clocks4Bikes went out of business. They had an awesome product and their customer support was second to none.
I agree. I bought one of the last ones out the door and it sits on the Valk bars today. Great product. I was also sad to see this business go away.

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:21 AM

Model: VT750CA Aero
Year: 2007
Garage
Cool

I mentioned in another thread that I had installed the $6.00 handlebar mounted clock I got off E-Bay, but that it was useless in the dark even with the glow in the dark stuff. My morning ride is dark all the way to work now.

Then I was reading the threads about helmet comms and had an idea. A quick search on Google play verified what I thought...

Download a talking time clock app. These allow you to set up the app to announce the time every X minutes. Since it uses the phones audio, it will work through the blue tooth link to your helmet comms. Basically you will hear the phone tell you what time it is in your helmet speakers. One less thing mounted to the bike!

When I get the funds for helmet comms, I will install the app and see how it works... Or if one of you guys with comms already want to try it and lets us know?

Trinity my 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
1971 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser

I'm nobodies slave, I'm nobodies master,
Time is mine, morning, night, and afternoon...
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 10:34 AM

Model: Phantom
Year: 2014
I got one of those very inexpensive ones off e-bay plus a thermometer to match, the clock works great, the thermometer is usually high because of direct sunlight but I have it figured out to what it is approximately, I can't see them at night but I have a built in digital clock on my speedometer that I can switch to, I just like to keep that set at tripomometer so I know how much gas but at night I can switch it to clock. Plus my GPS has a clock I can see at night but gets washed out in the sun. Then theres my Garmin watch that controls my camera that I could scroll to the clock if I had to. All kind of inconvenient at one time of the day but each has its time it works best! I do very little night riding so the handlebar one gets used 99% of the time and only had to change the battery once in 11/2 years!

In new home!
14' Pantom
God Bless

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:50 AM

J&P Cycle has these. I don't recall exactly what I paid for them, but think I have $70-$75 into both, look nice but not backlit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170913_222805_1505886421760.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	228298  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Model: 750 ACE Dlx
Year: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Backlund View Post
J&P Cycle has these. I don't recall exactly what I paid for them, but think I have $70-$75 into both, look nice but not backlit.
I almost bought those (or similar ones) but it wasn't clear how you set the time on the clock. Some reviewers said you have to take it apart to remove it from the mount whenever you need to adjust the time. I wasn't too keen on that......but they do look nice!

My old Formotion clock (as well as the new one I just purchased) has a little knob (like a wrist watch) that you pull out to adjust the time. Plus, when the bike goes into winter storage, you keep the knob pulled out and it shuts off the clock to extend battery life.

Phil

1998 VT-750 ACE Deluxe

Sterling Heights, Michigan

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 10:37 AM

Wink Victory Stuff

It`s not just the clock that is at a good price!

The Victory stuff is pretty much picked over now, but if having the word Victory on the item doesn`t bother you, you can pick up some real steals on some things.

Leather Jackets, helmets, etc.

Only bad thing is the popular sizes are pretty much gone, but there are some bargains to be had if you do a little hunting!

"All I want to do is ride my machine"

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 01:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsnakes View Post
It`s not just the clock that is at a good price!

The Victory stuff is pretty much picked over now, but if having the word Victory on the item doesn`t bother you, you can pick up some real steals on some things.

Leather Jackets, helmets, etc.
Check your local non-corp dealers, too. I picked up a Vic leather jacket for $75, only one left on the rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
. . . Download a talking time clock app. These allow you to set up the app to announce the time every X minutes. Since it uses the phones audio, it will work through the blue tooth link to your helmet comms. Basically you will hear the phone tell you what time it is in your helmet speakers. One less thing mounted to the bike!
You actually WANT to hear your phone in your helmet? Really? Half the reason I ride motorcycles is to NOT be connected. Maybe that's just me, but I seriously suspect it's not.

There's no such thing as "Spare Time" or "Free Time" or "Down Time."
Time is time. All you have is "Life Time." GO.
-- Henry Rollins
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 08:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinker View Post
I ride motorcycles is to NOT be connected. Maybe that's just me, but I seriously suspect it's not.
It's not. No clocks, timers, schedules for me, and the fact that I can't hear my cell phone while riding just makes it that much more pleasant. IF I ride my bike to somewhere that I have a schedule, I know that before ever getting on the bike. And I go there. Then, with schedule checked, I can continue the ride and enjoy!

Cell phones ARE convenient, but we gotta remember who the boss is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page