Honda Shadow Forums banner

Anybody... Any Ride Pictures

5K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  Redman52 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody go for a ride....?
Have any pictures of big adventure....?
.... or maybe just an evening ride...?
.... or average ride home from work....?

Post pics here.

Pic of the road....
Pic of something you saw on the ride....
.... of course better if includes the bike.

Havent seen such a thread on this forum (other forums have such a tread that has been going on for years).

#2 · (Edited)
Rode into Grand Rapids last night.

Took the Shadow500.
Went on road that somewhat follows the Grand River.
Overcast day, so good for pictures.

Took this picture by the old church for a "Picture Of The Week" game on another forum.

Destination was the Summer Blues free concert (put on by a radio station).
Walter Trout.

Was a chance of rain (40% one hour and 30% the next hour, which is typical around here when is hot and humid, 85F & 80%) so not as many mo'cykles as usual.
Picture of parking lot is about 1/8th the parking area for mo'cykles.
Most of the "bikers" hanging around in the parking lot or the beer vendor area, few at the concert stage area.

Most of the concert goers bring lawn chairs, and sit there and half pay attention, maybe talking, maybe fussing with phone online. I think they come every week just for a night out of the house, or something. I was there to go for a ride and to see Walter Trout.

Walter Trout has been there about every year for the last 6 or so years, well, except for the year he was sick, near death, awaiting liver transplant, that he did get. That year it was a benifit fund raiser concert to support his medical expences. (I bought a couple CDs). He said he keeps comming back to Grand Rapids to repay the favor (since they pay only about 25% of what he typically will get.)
The Walter Trout week is the one I want to go to each year, maybe might go to one other during the summer, but make a point to go the Walter Trout. Is great to see such a national tallent in such a small concert, with out having to go to some crowded bar or stadium. Oh, and did I say its free......
And amazing that he plays so hard, for so long.

Walter Trout was with the John Mayhall, and Canned Heat, and others, and somewhere in there I think Buddy Guy.
One time he said the 5 years with Canned Heat was responcible for about 80% of his liver.

Twice now I have heard him talk about when he was 17 years old and BB King came into the hardware store he was working at. He recognized BB and told him he was learning to play guitar and had bought some BBKing and other old time bluesman albums. He said BB stayed and talked to him for over an hour.

Did get rained on a little bit on way home.
But good rides, and good evening out.

#5 ·
Great pics and a great looking 500!

We have a several ride pic threads here
(See "The Official Picture Thread" and "Pics With Your Ride")
They make appearances for about a week or two at a time, then get buried again

But for more eventful trips or rides everybody just seems to make their own threads

#7 ·
Thanks for comment.

One thread I have seen before seemed to be for more artistic photos.
Other thread seemed to be for pictures of the rider.
(If I am wrong, let me know.)

I was thinking more along the lines of any everyday ride, any pic along the way. Tell what you saw or what happened.
Even just a quick ride to grocery store and saw something in the parking lot. Or afternoon ride and found place to stop next to a lake.
Of course, bike in the picture.
Maybe a little description of what happened, or what you found interesting.

Seems like many folks expereince such every day.

Yah, for a long multi-day ride would deserve a seperate dedicated ride report thread for that rider.

#8 ·
Here's 2 from today's ride. Boat ride....
Lake Jocasse SC.
Did some waterfall touring.
You said ride....
Bike is 4 hrs away. But this is ANOTHER ride pic thread, so, why not..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#9 ·

2 weeks ago, my chapter of the Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers hosted the National Rally. We had 250 riders attend, and riders from both coasts. Top pic is me leading out the first ride on the Saturday, below it is some of the riders gathering.

Last nights chapter ride.

Sitting on my Shadow making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://image.ibb.co/bzfLWx/IMG_2427.jpg

#12 ·
Staurday morning ride out to breakfast, and then a ride afterwards.

Went by and stopped at the beach.

Lake calm, was some of these out there

Also saw this on the beach.
I wondered if this was a recruiting technique.

(if you dont notice, that is a Marine Corp emblem on the canopy.)

#20 ·
Nice pic of nice bike.
Nice that the picture is posed road side, well lighted.
(not like some pics in driveway with clutter of trashcans and house gas meter in background, and picture taken with the side of the house in the light and the bike in the dark)

#26 ·
Thanks friend :)
I didn't want to introduce my mess as well as my bike lol. I rode it up the hill and just parked it in the middle of street for a few mins, nearly got run over twice but it was worth it haha...

#21 · (Edited)
Rode length of M-22 one day on a rainy day, and then back on an other day that was nicer.
(Although not on the Shadow)

Attraction of M-22 is lots of s-curves and other curves, up and down some elevation changes (dunes), along Lake Michigan, along West Arm Traverse Bay and many inland lakes. Lots of rural scenic areas. And can divert off to Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore Area (although requires National Park card or fee to go in).

Some pics:

Looking for pier-lighthouse in Manistee. Was too rainy-drisley-misty to see that far down the channel.

Best place, on the whole length of M-22 for big huge burger - is in Empire

Joes Friendly Tavern.
Next choice could be Arts Tavern in Glen Arbor.

(Let me know if you cant tolerate pictures-postings of bike other than a Shadow.)
(Let me know if you cant tolerate pictures-posting of a bike that doesnt go pa-blam pa-blam pa-blam)

#28 ·
A few pics from Sundays ride (posted the rest elsewhere on here)

#33 ·
After ride to breakfast, was gonna go on a 2 - 3 hour ride.

Cruised down by the beach. Surprized to find 3 parking spaces together to have a picture look like I had the entire beach to myself ha ha ha.

Sky didnt look too inviting. Heard some thunder rumbling in the distance.
(Maybe like Chevyman's photo above.)

So abbreviated my plans, went for about a 45 minute ride.
Started raining about half hour after I got home, and then was a real downpour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.