2019 Dragon days April 26-28 - Page 9 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Member
 
chevyman_ky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cawood ky
Posts: 803
Looking forward to it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chevyman_ky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Model: VT750DC
Year: 2005
Location: Loudon, TN
Posts: 339
Forcast is Lookin Good for Dragon Days!!
The Weekend looks warm and Sunny!

Good thing it wasn't this weekend - Twas a Hard Freeze and 3"+ snow in the Smokies Fri and Sat nite - is just thawin out today.
Late freezes are not uncommon round here...


Depending on the wifie's schedule I might roll over for Brunch and Bloodies around Deals Gap or Tapico Lodge Sat or Sun... Over in early/mid morn and back home thru the Dragon well before dark. (the Dragon just aint a good nite ride).Will keep an eye on the thread and maybe see soma ya there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DragonDays19Forcast.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	262084  

05 Shadow Spirit VT750DC
KaBob is offline  
post #83 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:29 PM
Member
 
tomcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Model: VLX 600
Year: 2004
Location: Salem, VA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBob View Post
Forcast is Lookin Good for Dragon Days!!
The Weekend looks warm and Sunny!

Good thing it wasn't this weekend - Twas a Hard Freeze and 3"+ snow in the Smokies Fri and Sat nite - is just thawin out today.
Late freezes are not uncommon round here...


Depending on the wifie's schedule I might roll over for Brunch and Bloodies around Deals Gap or Tapico Lodge Sat or Sun... Over in early/mid morn and back home thru the Dragon well before dark. (the Dragon just aint a good nite ride).Will keep an eye on the thread and maybe see soma ya there...

Not excited about that Thur and Fri forecast. Andrew and I are leaving Salem, VA tomorrow morning to pound the Interstate to Asheville and on to Two Wheel Inn. Had hoped for 7 days of riding, but I guess rain at 74 -78 degrees is a lot better than snow.

Tom Cook
2004 Shadow VT600C
Mustang seat
1 5/8" Holey
40 tooth rear sprocket
T J Brutal Velocity Stack and Performance Jet Kit



2003 Shadow VT600CD
Vance and Hines Pipes


tomcook is offline  
post #84 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Member
 
chevyman_ky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cawood ky
Posts: 803
Yea it still looks a lot warmer than it was last year. My brother in law and i will be getting in there sometime Friday Have a good trip there. A lot of good places to ride while you’re there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chevyman_ky is offline  
post #85 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Augusta S.C.
Posts: 10,027
Yall just HAD to mention weather! Just HAD to!


No Sig, someone whined and I lost it.. Crybaby....


Ride Bell By The Bride and Canyon
Retired bell by Old Dad
2 time BOTM winner
06 VTX Glide & 05 ST1300
Coop is online now  
post #86 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
enforcer76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Yall just HAD to mention weather! Just HAD to!


No Sig, someone whined and I lost it.. Crybaby....
Exactly what I was thinking....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C

2018 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special FLHXS

Where's the book of John Hopkins at now?
enforcer76 is offline  
post #87 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
tomcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Model: VLX 600
Year: 2004
Location: Salem, VA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer76 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


The weather is the same here. We’re sitting in a Walmart 3 MILES from home. Andrews bike just DIED. Mechanic on the way


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Cook
2004 Shadow VT600C
Mustang seat
1 5/8" Holey
40 tooth rear sprocket
T J Brutal Velocity Stack and Performance Jet Kit



2003 Shadow VT600CD
Vance and Hines Pipes


tomcook is offline  
post #88 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Member
 
tomcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Model: VLX 600
Year: 2004
Location: Salem, VA
Posts: 118
My electrical troubleshooting skills are slim. We pulled the fuse box. No bad fuses. Noticed that there was a 30amp in one of the "spare" slots but no 30 amp in the fuse block. Puzzling. Probably a 30 amp fuse someplace.


Mechanic arrived. Told him we had checked fuses in fuse box. He started checking for current and the second thing he did was pull the 30 amp in line fuse that I had told Andrew was a connector. Put a new fuse, bike started up and ran great.


We agreed that we had not found the problem so bike is in shop having the electrical checked. Hope we postponed our departure only one day.


Embarrassing conversation between owner of a 16 yr old bike and mechanic.




"We may have pinched a turn signal wire putting grab handles back after installing the sissy bar and luggage rack. Check there first.


We bought this bike a year ago. This is the first time it's been in a shop so please let us know if you find anything electrical or none electrical that needs fixing.



EXCEPT - note that the grab bars on the left side have nuts and washers on the inside instead of the stock blind nuts welded in frame. We're OK with that so you don't have to weld two new nuts on.


We know that the flange on the left grab bar is broken so there is one bolt holding the seat. I've been riding my Shadow like that for 10 years. Do not order a new grab bar."


Fortunately it is an independent shop used to older bikes so I THINK he was understanding. If not, he's got his Southern Manners perfected.


Update this afternoon, I hope.


Changed our reservations at Two Wheel Inn for arrival tomorrow, leave next Tuesday so no riding days lost.


God is Good.



Every Day.



If what ever shorted out had waited another 10 minutes we would have been going 70 on the Interstate with an 18 wheeler behind us.

Tom Cook
2004 Shadow VT600C
Mustang seat
1 5/8" Holey
40 tooth rear sprocket
T J Brutal Velocity Stack and Performance Jet Kit



2003 Shadow VT600CD
Vance and Hines Pipes



Last edited by tomcook; 04-22-2019 at 01:21 PM.
tomcook is offline  
post #89 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Coop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Augusta S.C.
Posts: 10,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcook View Post
My electrical troubleshooting skills are slim. We pulled the fuse box. No bad fuses. Noticed that there was a 30amp in one of the "spare" slots but no 30 amp in the fuse block. Puzzling. Probably a 30 amp fuse someplace.


Mechanic arrived. Told him we had checked fuses in fuse box. He started checking for current and the second thing he did was pull the 30 amp in line fuse that I had told Andrew was a connector. Put a new fuse, bike started up and ran great.


We agreed that we had not found the problem so bike is in shop having the electrical checked. Hope we postponed our departure only one day.


Embarrassing conversation between owner of a 16 yr old bike and mechanic.




"We may have pinched a turn signal wire putting grab handles back after installing the sissy bar and luggage rack. Check there first.


We bought this bike a year ago. This is the first time it's been in a shop so please let us know if you find anything electrical or none electrical that needs fixing.



EXCEPT - note that the grab bars on the left side have nuts and washers on the inside instead of the stock blind nuts welded in frame. We're OK with that so you don't have to weld two new nuts on.


We know that the flange on the left grab bar is broken so there is one bolt holding the seat. I've been riding my Shadow like that for 10 years. Do not order a new grab bar."


Fortunately it is an independent shop used to older bikes so I THINK he was understanding. If not, he's got his Southern Manners perfected.


Update this afternoon, I hope.


Changed our reservations at Two Wheel Inn for arrival tomorrow, leave next Tuesday so no riding days lost.


God is Good.



Every Day.



If what ever shorted out had waited another 10 minutes we would have been going 70 on the Interstate with an 18 wheeler behind us.
Yes he is!

Hoping it all irons out to be cheap and apparent, not leaving questions!!!
See you this weekend!


No Sig, someone whined and I lost it.. Crybaby....


Ride Bell By The Bride and Canyon
Retired bell by Old Dad
2 time BOTM winner
06 VTX Glide & 05 ST1300
Coop is online now  
post #90 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:35 PM
Member
 
tomcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Model: VLX 600
Year: 2004
Location: Salem, VA
Posts: 118
Thanks, COOP.

Got it back. 1.3 hrs labor plus pickup. Not too bad.

Owner and mechanic both really frustrated that they couldn't show me what they fixed. But they rode it 20 minutes and couldn't get it to quit. Andrew rode it 20 minutes home. Ran great.

Waiting for traffic to die down a little. Go for an hour or two this evening - with a pocket full of 30 amp fuses.

Head out tomorrow.

I think it says good things about Honda that I've put 36,000 miles on mine in 13 years and didn't even know where the fuse was. I don't think I've even had the cover off the regular fuse box. Moved a bunch of times when I didn't give up on a battery as soon as I should have. But never blew a fuse.

SEE Y'ALL ON FRIDAY !
tomcook is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Annual HSN Dragon Days (7x Memorial Ride, April 21-23 2017) thehailo Rides and Events 273 02-12-2017 12:16 PM
Leesburg, FL bikefest April 25,26,27 2014 Blacksmith1 Rides and Events 21 04-29-2014 01:32 PM
MoonShine Fest ~ Dawsonville, GA Oct 26-28 "Captain D" South Eastern States Riders 10 10-26-2012 09:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome