Where's my fellow disgruntled northerners? - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 07:02 AM

Garage
I知 in Canada, but a lot further south of you. Our weather has been fairly decent for this time of year, started using the heated grips though. Couple more weeks and I値l be bringing the winter toys home from storage to get ready for the season.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/me...e71386-vtx.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey" - Jan 2017 BOTM - Sold Oct 2018

2008 VTX 1300T - Oct 2018 Co-BOTM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:02 AM

Garage
Spent Labor Day weekend riding around Abingdon, VA. In and out of rain each day but wasn't bad enough to stop riding.

Rode to upstate NY (Shushan) then CT (Milford) last month. Planned to drop down to VA to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway + Cherohala Skyway but weather forecasts were awful. First day was steady rain, moderate to heavy, from ~Vermillion, OH to Apalachin, NY but all the rest was great weather.

If the weather clears (forecast is looking good), riding to upstate NY (Hawthorne) on Friday then doing the BRP + Cherohala ride. Probably wandering around TN a little to spread the ride home over two days.

Art's 1999 Shadow 1100 ACE (Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient)

Last edited by adlowe; 10-08-2018 at 10:05 AM.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlowe View Post
If the weather clears (forecast is looking good), riding to upstate NY (Hawthorne) on Friday ...

Hope you can make it Art. You're right it's looking like a nice fall weekend in the Northeast so far.

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramie View Post
Thought I heard you had some snow up your way one day last week Beth, maybe it was just the other side of the lake. I haven't given up yet like you the last good ride I had was last month up by Alexandria.
That last ride we did was from Superior, through Duluth, along North Shore Drive to Silver Bay, and then west to Ely. Temps were perfect here and along the lake (oddly enough)...the second we turned west, it dropped 15 degrees and the wind picked up...brrrr!!! Yeah, some of my hubby's coworkers came in last week with snow on their vehicles. We are def gonna have to take a jaunt south and rent some bikes this winter. El Paso has an Eagle Riders...as does ABQ. 😉

"Camille"
1998 Honda Shadow ACE 750
May 2016 Ride of the Month Winner!

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
I’m in Canada, but a lot further south of you. Our weather has been fairly decent for this time of year, started using the heated grips though. Couple more weeks and I’ll be bringing the winter toys home from storage to get ready for the season.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/me...e71386-vtx.jpg
We hate winter so bad...we don't have winter toys! LOL

"Camille"

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by old dad View Post
The temps 50 miles west of Myrtle Beach this past week were in the upper 80's to 90*f.
Of course this is good for bike week, the hurricane didn't stop that event. Humidity in the mid 90's, then there are the gnats not to mention the skeeters. You could relocate, but there are always issues to deal with were ever you live. Sounds like you might get a few more rides in, then storage time.
We're looking to relocate a tad further west than FL. To the desert! Snow will be replaced with sand, and unbearably cold temps will be replaced with unbearably hot...but it's DIFFERENT from what we've had for 40 some years and it's time for a change. 🙂

"Camille"

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany1972 View Post
We're looking to relocate a tad further west than FL. To the desert! Snow will be replaced with sand, and unbearably cold temps will be replaced with unbearably hot...but it's DIFFERENT from what we've had for 40 some years and it's time for a change. 🙂
I wish you luck with the relocation, my cousin just relocated from Az. to Wilmington NC. You have a challenge ahead, not just the climate. You'll also have some wonderfully beautiful scenery on your future rides.

As soon as you become accustom to anything, some moron has to change it.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 03:14 PM

Garage
I知 not a northerner, but I知 still disgruntled. I have both my bikes parked in SC, and I知 stuck in Houston painting my house, and doing other repairs and maintenance. I haven稚 even seen my bikes in about a month, let alone been able to ride one. Heck, by the time I finally get out of Houston and in SC, it will probably be cold.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 11:46 PM

Model: Spirit
Year: 2002
Garage
We have been having lots of rain. I have been getting short rides in between rains. Mostly I ride nearly year round at least to and from work.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany1972 View Post
I am so disgusted. I've been on one ride since August. We put in 8 hours on the bikes (my longest trip yet!) on Sept 16 and then the weather went bad and never came back around. 40s and raining. I'm holding out hope we'll get ONE more ride in before we have to winterize, but to be honest, I'm not sure it's gonna happen. We don't plan on living here forever, but can't head south quite yet...
Anybody else having extraordinarily crappy weather this year?

Come on down to the southern part of Wisconsin.

I`m getting ready to head out for a long ride right now.

Sun won`t be up for 2 more hours and it`s already 70 degrees, heading for 80 degrees later on.

"All I want to do is ride my machine"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page