Is this the standard way of mounting floorboards? - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyOnBev View Post
I believe my current boards do have the splined adapters. Please see pic attached... you can see a bit of the splining in the lower left corner of the image. The adapters appear to attach to the mount with a bolt+cotter pin, although it seems like a pretty wiggly fit.

Oops, sorry, I should've mentioned that. I'll add it to my signature. I ride a 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit (VT750DC).

I took a look at the Kuryakyn site and sorted the products by model. I'm wondering if something like this could work and I would just swap them out with my current floorboards but keep my mount and adapters?
Yes it appears you do have the adapters. There should be a socket head bolt that comes through the current floorboard to attach them to the adapter. The pin/cotter pin attaches the adapter to the mounting plate on the bike. If you loosen the bolt that attaches the board to the adapter, you can then install a different set that uses the spline mount. Including both the ones you posted, the riot or the phantom set.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C

2018 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special FLHXS

Where's the book of John Hopkins at now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Model: Spirit VT750DC
Year: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer76 View Post
Yes it appears you do have the adapters. There should be a socket head bolt that comes through the current floorboard to attach them to the adapter. The pin/cotter pin attaches the adapter to the mounting plate on the bike. If you loosen the bolt that attaches the board to the adapter, you can then install a different set that uses the spline mount. Including both the ones you posted, the riot or the phantom set.
Great, thanks a lot for clearing that up! And a big thank you to all of you who replied.

I've decided to go with these bad boys.

One final question--and sorry if this is obvious--but are the splined adapters "universal" across the Kuryakyn product line? Meaning that I could choose whichever boards I want so long as they use that spline mount? I would imagine that's the case but I just want to be sure there aren't different diameters, spline pitches, etc.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyOnBev View Post
Great, thanks a lot for clearing that up! And a big thank you to all of you who replied.

I've decided to go with these bad boys.

One final question--and sorry if this is obvious--but are the splined adapters "universal" across the Kuryakyn product line? Meaning that I could choose whichever boards I want so long as they use that spline mount? I would imagine that's the case but I just want to be sure there aren't different diameters, spline pitches, etc.
As far as I have seen with the Kuryakyn, yes the board mounting side of the adapters is the same across all parts

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C

2018 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special FLHXS

Where's the book of John Hopkins at now?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcer76 View Post
As far as I have seen with the Kuryakyn, yes the board mounting side of the adapters is the same across all parts
Thanks a lot!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:51 PM

Kuryakyn Premiums on the rear of the Valk which served as drivers on the 1100 Spirit. Not to big and 5 way adjustable with correct splined adaptors. Hell never mind you got them. Another Friday nite beer please.

06' 1100 Spirit (sold 6/23/13)
71' CL 100 "Lil' Sista"
99' Valkyrie "Adele"
05' 1600 Vulcan "Ludabelle"

Ride Bell by "Yoman"

To everything there are exceptions.

Last edited by h13man; 04-12-2019 at 09:54 PM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by h13man View Post
Kuryakyn Premiums on the rear of the Valk which served as drivers on the 1100 Spirit. Not to big and 5 way adjustable with correct splined adaptors. Hell never mind you got them. Another Friday nite beer please.
Glad they worked out for you! Looking for to 'em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page