Honda Shadow Forums banner

Crash bars saved my leg

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Bryant 
#1 ·
I was 2 houses down from where I live going into a blind turn and a car came out of nowhere (she was going too fast for a blind curve) and dragged against my left side. It's a very narrow street so I couldn't move over more without hitting a parked car. I was able to keep the bike up and parked. I'm okay.

Damage to my bike? Crash bar bent back and stopped at the floorboard.
Damage to her suv? Dent on rear driver door, wheel well trim, tire hubcap.

Had I not had crash bar and even floorboards, car would have hit my left leg. Thankful for them right now lol

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
lol Yeah my bad, I was on mobile so I think I clicked send before all the pics uploaded

I'm glad your ok. I hope her insurance covered your damage.
Thanks! we shall see, my insurance adjuster agrees w/ me that it's not my fault...

Glad to hear of a good outcome. You are safe. If you didn't have the floor boards I wonder if the crash bar would have folded back further and damaged your foot. You dodged a bullet.
I was thinking the same thing! I think the floor boards added more support to the crash bar, definitely think it probably would have gone further if I only had pegs. I'm thankful!!

Glad you're OK !
Sometime people are so careless and thoughtless.......
Yup, and there's kids that play down the street. I'm glad it was me on the bike and not one of them on foot. Hopefully this will teach her a lesson.

Your angels were watching you! Glad you're ok. She needs to take a riding course to help her be more aware.

Glad you're ok! Looks like your bars damaged her car enough that she should remember to pay attention next time!

Thanks guys. I was telling my dad about it and told him it was a SUV , and he said 'wait, was it a red SUV?' I said, 'yeah!', he said that car flies through our street all the time, he's been meaning to try to stop her when he's outside to tell her to slow down.
Hopefully I think she will slow down for a couple of days because of this. Sheesh.

#5 ·
Glad to hear of a good outcome. You are safe. If you didn't have the floor boards I wonder if the crash bar would have folded back further and damaged your foot. You dodged a bullet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.