Honda Shadow Forums banner

Praying everything goes smoothly

769 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Steve C 
#1 ·
Ordered my tensioners.
Ordered the gasket set from Japan.
Ordered new set of Shinko 230's from Bike bandit.
Now I just hope I get what I ordered and in a timely fashion.
I'm going nuts:crying:
I really need to go riding.

#2 ·
The 230's are easier to mount than the 777's,I hope you get all of it soon.You can always get a spare bike,something different,I have my Shadow and a Honda tour bike.

#3 ·
Well so far my orders will be here Monday.
I picked up a HF chain hoist and made a track and trolley for it and hung it in my tiny shop (just enough room to work on bikes)
Just need to fabricate a pick cradle for the hoist, I never liked using a jack, no matter how careful I am something always gets dinged trying to balance on a jack.

Attachments

#4 ·
I use nylon lifting straps and a cherry picker/engine lift. I don't like the under the bike jacks as you need two people to do it safely and my wife is limited help if know what I mean. I use a wheel chock on front anytime I'm working on the rear with said setup. Been my setup since I got back into riding in 2007'.

#5 · (Edited)
This is what I used to remove my rear wheel to get the tire replaced. Made it from an idea on YouTube. Just slide under the frame and lift the 2X4 up, it's very stable, left it up for 2 weeks while I worked on it. Lifts the rear wheel about 3/4" off the ground. Have to be careful with placement so you lift the frame not the engine, but it's worth the effort. Worked for me. BTW after it's lifted, I pushed the rear end down (with the rear wheel on) and blocked up the front part of the bike frame and then was able to remove the front wheel too so I could work on it. I wasn't sceered at all, you would have to work very hard to knock it over.
Mother

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.