May be a mobile pack rat - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Model: VT700c
Year: 1984
May be a mobile pack rat

So i went and resupplied my roadside breakdown supplies. They include
Fuses, red green and black wire, fuel line ( 2 sizes ), hose clamps, zip ties, electrical tape. Checked to make sure all my tools were still on the bike since i was at it, they include.
8mm 10mm 12mm wrenches, screwdriver ( flathead and Phillips), set of allen wrenches, wire striper/crimper, wire cutter, sparkplug wrench, both needle nose and regular pliers, crescent wrench, multimeter.
I do have a spare rectifier/voltage regulator, oil filter, and rear brakes in the garage. Think i should pack them too or would that be a tad much lol. O also carry oil, antifreeze, and brake fluid regularly. I might have a touch of paranoia, or maby im just living a prepared life on a 35 year old steed who can say lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolepit View Post
So i went and resupplied my roadside breakdown supplies. They include
Fuses, red green and black wire, fuel line ( 2 sizes ), hose clamps, zip ties, electrical tape. Checked to make sure all my tools were still on the bike since i was at it, they include.
8mm 10mm 12mm wrenches, screwdriver ( flathead and Phillips), set of allen wrenches, wire striper/crimper, wire cutter, sparkplug wrench, both needle nose and regular pliers, crescent wrench, multimeter.
I do have a spare rectifier/voltage regulator, oil filter, and rear brakes in the garage. Think i should pack them too or would that be a tad much lol. O also carry oil, antifreeze, and brake fluid regularly. I might have a touch of paranoia, or maby im just living a prepared life on a 35 year old steed who can say lol

Geez, @bigolepit ! You running a roadside motorcycle service business, or what? I know your bike is an older gen shadow, but you've been all through that bike. You need to enjoy that ride, not plan your next breakdown. Remember, you chose a honda.

http://2007 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, Ride bell by h13man, Ride cross by Capt D
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:48 PM

Model: Vt750
Year: 1983
Garage
That is quite a list of supplies. You could get a small trailer and have even more.

I have a lot less, just some basic tools, but I did wrap some duct tape around a pencil just in case. Red/ Green would be proud.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilie View Post
Geez, @bigolepit ! You running a roadside motorcycle service business, or what? I know your bike is an older gen shadow, but you've been all through that bike. You need to enjoy that ride, not plan your next breakdown. Remember, you chose a honda.
Lmfao. @smilie growing up my dad got it in my head " always have tools and quick fix needs in your vehicle ". Plus 19 years trucking has proved to me if its got parts its gonna break. the spare oil filter, rectifier, rear breaks, and antifreeze i dont acually keep on the bike but the rest i do. I gotta alot of pockets in my bags i dont use. I enjoy the ride but i know everything breaks at the worst time, never in my garage lol. Usually my supplies get used on other people's bikes. And i love it when its a Harley that needs a hand, i make a point to tell them let me shut off my honda and ill see what i can do lol

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:52 PM

Garage
In fact with a little trailer you could have a small compressor and tire tools, and a quick set up canopy in case it is raining when you stop at the side of the road. And a little generator in case it is night and very dark and safety cones, AND ................

Forget it just call AAA on your cell phone.

1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

@swifty2014 thats a great idea, then i could have a compressor for my air tools. Lol. Honestly though I didn't realize i acually carried that much. Over time it sorta built up from a basic tool kit. Now im a ratchet and a few sockets from being able to pull my engine on the side of the road lol

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

@swifty2014 Thats hilarious. You mentioned a compressor as i was typing my last response about adding one lol

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolepit View Post
Lmfao. @smilie growing up my dad got it in my head " always have tools and quick fix needs in your vehicle ". Plus 19 years trucking has proved to me if its got parts its gonna break. the spare oil filter, rectifier, rear breaks, and antifreeze i dont acually keep on the bike but the rest i do. I gotta alot of pockets in my bags i dont use. I enjoy the ride but i know everything breaks at the worst time, never in my garage lol. Usually my supplies get used on other people's bikes. And i love it when its a Harley that needs a hand, i make a point to tell them let me shut off my honda and ill see what i can do lol

Nope, I get it. I'm the guy that drove a truck and trailer 75 miles home in the middle of the night on a reversed v-belt over serpentine pulleys. Carried that v-belt under the seat for many years, just in case. On the bike I have few odds and ends. The tool kit lives in my shop tool box, unless i'm going on a road trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty2014 View Post
In fact with a little trailer you could have a small compressor and tire tools, and a quick set up canopy in case it is raining when you stop at the side of the road. And a little generator in case it is night and very dark and safety cones, AND ................

Forget it just call AAA on your cell phone.
I like it @swifty2014 ! We may be onto something here!

http://2007 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, Ride bell by h13man, Ride cross by Capt D
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:01 PM

Garage
This would SURE LOOK GOOD behind your bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailers.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	262840  

1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty2014 View Post
This would SURE LOOK GOOD behind your bike.
Lmfao i do love shinny stuff and shinny diamond plate even more

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page