Turned out great looking, like it was meant to be.
What did you have to do to make it come together?
Because I swapped the entire VT1100 front clip, it made the project easier. But, still hurdles to jump to keep it looking OEM and not hacked together.
Bought a Magna gauge harness and wired it to the VT gauge cluster - time consuming pain in the ass - 85 to 90% of the VT and VF wiring has the same color code and function, but location and routing change. The VT risers put the handle bars against the tank when the bars were at full left or right when parked (risers and triple clamps together moved the bars too close to the tank), so I picked up a set of risers from an 88 or 89 VT1100 which raised the bars to a perfect height. Triple clamp steering stem/lower bridge is a little different than the Magna - shorter because of how its mounted in the lower triple. I had to cut the stem, separate the 2 halves by 20mm, insert a piece of solid bar stock that had to be machined to match the ID of the stem, had it welded together - that raised the threaded part of the stem 20mm, which matched the height of the Magna so I could bolt it all together.
Things to do - paint the front rim to match the Magna silver/gray - I thought I would like the black after it was all bolted together but I dont. Need to paint the fender to match the rest of the bike. Once Im 100% sure Im done, will put the lower plastics back on (lower plastics prevent me from putting bike on motorcycle lift).
My Magnas brakes worked fine, this project was all about the dual disk look. The 85-86 VT1100 was the only thing I found that matched the Magna fork and wheel design - 5 spoke rim with center axle.
There you have it, my story