Honda Shadow Forums banner

3,000 riders gathered in a mere few weeks

988 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Bryant 
#1 · (Edited)
THREE THOUSAND!
Bikers, riders, enthusiasts. motorcyclists , call them whatever you want
Love em, hate em.. whatever..
Three thousand friends, strangers, gays, straights, conservatives, liberals, Christians, Jews, Atheists, Male, female and I suppose those in between.. It didn't matter , they were gathered together, as ONE to honor seven fallen men and women, cut down
too soon by the carelessness and total disregard of the lives of others by one individual.

They came from NH, Vt , ME, MA, NJ, Con, even Canada . They wore colors, they were independents,
they were old, young and in between. Blue collar, White collar, rich and working class..I met a 70 year old so determined to make the ride that when his Indian broke down, borrowed a friends Sportster. He pulled over at the Beaver brook picnic on rte 3 which is where I was filming from to rest his much hurting back.

Later on another Sportster rider pulled in, he too was weary from the ride. But there they both were.. doing it.

This is but a small glimpse.. It was in a word..EPIC!

God bless all involved, Thank you brothers and sisters for this show of unity!

See less See more
#2 ·
Know what saddens me? The lack of response to this. Not because I posted it but because of what happened to those seven and the outpouring of love that occured because of it. Yet, on a motorcycle forum it gets no recognition .. that is truly sad.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes `tis SAD!
I saw a thread here on it, read the accident article, then I prayed immediately for all involved...
I wish I were able, I`da been part of this ride...
Thank You @CrazyDave

Still praying for family members
Dennis

#4 ·
Yes `tis SAD!
I saw a thread here on it, read the accident article, then I prayed immediately for all involved...
I wish I were able, I`da been part of this ride...
Thank You @CrazyDave

Still praying for family members
Dennis
I need no thanks my friend, seven members of the motorcycle community perished. Not only dide 4500 + people on 3,000 + bikes respond, but the outreach and love in the placed where it happened and the surrounding towns was so overwhelming I thought that would generate something more that a passing glance by those that ride. As for me I am both proud and humbled at once by this. I did go to the crash site myself, almost broke down in tears as I looked at the Memorials and the gashes in the road where it happened, such beautiful countryside, so out of place for such senseless slaughter.

#6 ·
We've got a Benefit Ride for them in my area coming up and I'm really hoping to have my VT1100 put back together so I can go. I'm a former Marine and I feel that I need to go.

Still waiting on rod end bearings and they probably won't be in until the end of the week. Irritating how some people on fleabay will sell you parts that they don't have in stock.

Here's the FB page for the ride: https://www.facebook.com/events/1342376635920487/

It's in St. Louis if any of you all are interested...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.