What do you do with your gear once you get to your destinati - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

What do you do with your gear once you get to your destinati

Okay, I have yet to ride anywhere... still waiting for the certificate of passing from the MSF course I took. Anyhow, I'm just wondering how to handle situations where I get to a destination, such as the mall, a movie theater, restaurant, etc.. What should/would I do with my riding gear (Riding jacket, and helmet for the most part)? On cooler days I can see me wearing my jacket... but what about on those warmer days?

Also do you trust leaving your expensive helmet on you bike helmet lock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 PM

That is what those bags on the side and the trunk are for.

Richard
'08 Pearl White Golwing ABS
'06 Black Goldwing Navi, Deceased
'05 Vulcan Nomad
Ride Bell by Kara
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 PM

I leave my helmet locked with my helmet lock. I take my jacket inside, regardless of temp, etc. I throw gloves, etc inside the helmet.

If you have saddlebags, truck, etc-- you could leave jacket in there. I usually keep ck card/DL inside my jacket pocket, so I want it close by.

2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 in Candy Plasma Blue
"I would rather take an ass whippin' as to ride every winter day in a cage. " Tnshadowrider
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:53 PM

I leave the helmet locked to the bike. If it is a full face you can put a nice MC lock through the face and attach it to the frame - it's not going anywhere -then again my helmet was only $159 3 yrs ago so it's not worth that much.

I have locked my jacket to the bike (through the arms) in the same manner but I don't like that option as much, just carry it to where I am going most of the time.

A cheap cycle cover would be a good thing as it would keep all the locked on 'valuables' out of sight of vandals and other useless elements of society that my otherwise decide to mess with your stuff....at least some small fraction of that society would not be tempted.....won't stop the worst of the worst though.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 PM

OOPS, I was thinking Goldwing. Cruisers, Jacket in saddlebag, helmet locks to handlebar.

Richard
'05 Vulcan Nomad
Ride Bell by Kara
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:56 PM

Gee Towmotor but what if gsus isn't ridin a full dresser? Like a few of us.

My helmet is too expensive to leave on the bike. Usually where ever you go there is a front desk - receptionist - service desk that will usually be happy to watch your stuff if you are spending money in their establishment. If not find a better place to enjoy yourself.

In Bedhead's defense, the main reason he did such mean and stupid things was because his shoulder angel was a raging alcoholic...
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 PM

You are right but I figure if someone is going to steal it they will steal it. I got a small lock that fits on the helmet pin and lock the D ring to it. That way if they steal it they will have to at lest put a new D ring on it. He said "at the mall" so do you really want to leave you $500.00 Shoie with the crack head in the arcade? There are not a lot of good choices. Unless you get a full dresser. Or you can buy cheap helmets!

Richard
'05 Vulcan Nomad
Ride Bell by Kara
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 02:30 PM

short of a full dresser, you can get a topcase. Mine holds a helmet and jacket, but I usually just lock the helmet on the side.

Let's see if I can find a pic...

"All the gear in the world won't help stupidity." --- Oldbike.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 02:36 PM

One learns to carry your gear with your or come back to a bike with no gear to ride home. I don't go to the Mall, movie places...to many cars and dumb drivers. Most eating places will have coat racks...but most are outta sight so one still carry's the gear. Then you get asked, are riding a motorcycle?????

Riding a motorcylce does have a few drawbacks.....just can't put stuff on the car backseat or in the car trunk.

Bullzeyet
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 02:59 PM

I have seen people wad up their jacket and stuff it between the handlebars and the windshield of they are going to be fairly close by. But, you have to be careful because my wife did that one day, and she put a scratch on the inside of my brand new windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page