If you do not own a pair of heated gloves..... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

If you do not own a pair of heated gloves.....

Stop whatever you are doing, and order a pair, RIGHT NOW !!

I just drove home from High Point-- 37 degrees, with wind chill that makes it feel 30 (according to the internet).... I had my new Tourmaster Synergy gloves set to medium (high/med/low setting) and could have rode ALL NIGHT!!!

They are worth every bit of the $129 -- and you don't need to buy trollers or controllers, or anything-- it comes with everything you need to wear them either with the coordinating jacket or by themselves.

My jacket is not here yet, so you take the enclosed cord, route thru each arm of your jacket, plug into the gloves and hook power cord in. I had my mechanic hook my battery cord in today-- took about 10 minutes (getting the seat on and off is the hardest part). The power cord comes out right above my seat and sits right there in the middle of the bottom of the tank.

Once the jacket is here-- there are connector cords in the cuffs that zip out to hook into the gloves which will make it a little easier. I would recommend the gloves regardless.

The difference between my $300 Hondaline heated grips and the heated gloves is this:

You FEEL the heat coming up through the grips onto your hands ---nice except when it's freezing and the wind is freezing your finger tips.

I don't feel the heat at all in the Tourmaster gloves--- what it feels like is that my hands are inside my house-- that comfortable temperature that's not hot, nor cold-- it's just right.

Sorry for the long review-- and I'm sure all the heated gloves work about the same-- I just like not having to buy all the accessories separately.

Snug as a bug in a rug.... Denise

2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 in Candy Plasma Blue
"I would rather take an ass whippin' as to ride every winter day in a cage. " Tnshadowrider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 08:07 PM

I bought a pair of Widder gloves from a guy I ride with. I've ordered the cord that hooks to the battery. I paid $65 for the gloves and the cord with the on/off switch and another $16 for the cord I ordered. On the Widder gloves you can't use a controller if your just using the gloves. Their website says something about the power draw being too low. From everything that I've read the on/off switch works fine because, as Denese says the gloves don't get hot. Your hands just stay comfortable. This is my first winter riding but so far nothing is getting cold except my fingers. Lets hope the gloves take care of that.

Ride Bell by the generous Kara
Member of the Colonial Cavalry
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikec Send a message via Yahoo to mikec
So do you recommend both the heated gloves AND heated grips or just the heated gloves?

Mike C's 2005 Shadow Spirit VT1100C
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:13 PM

told ya denisep
just wait till the jacket gets here
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
So do you recommend both the heated gloves AND heated grips or just the heated gloves?
If I could only do one... I'd do the heated grips all over again. You can turn those babies on all year round. Don't have to worry about leaving them at home. I rode all last winter with the heated grips....

But-- you're limited.... at below 25 degrees, they just don't cut it.

"I would rather take an ass whippin' as to ride every winter day in a cage. " Tnshadowrider
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 09:38 PM

Model: Sabre
Year: 2002
Garage
I agree with Denisep about the heated gloves, I have these http://cozywinters.com/shop/wg-hclg.html and they work great along with my Electric Jacket Liner from Warm n Safe, will be using them in the morning with a ride along with several No. Calif. Shadow Riders and it will definetly be in the low 40's or hi 30's (not including the wind chill factor), with the controller it is easy to adjust the temp as needed.

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/eldo....jpg.html?o=11
"John" 2002 Sabre
Patriot Guard Rider
American Legion Rider Chapter 84
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 09:24 AM

I've got Heated Grips and Heated Gloves.

Normally I'd go with Grips over Gloves, until ~40 degrees or so... Then Gloves have it all over Grips.

The Gerbings gloves I have a very warm, but bulky....

Make sure you give yourself more TIME to get to things on the handlebars.... Like Brakes, Clutch, Swtiches!! The Bulk will take longer to happen!!!

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 AM

I use the Widder Gloves and at 25 degrees they work just fine without being bulky Here is my short review :
https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54127

IBA#30464
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
If I could only do one... I'd do the heated grips all over again. You can turn those babies on all year round. Don't have to worry about leaving them at home. I rode all last winter with the heated grips....

But-- you're limited.... at below 25 degrees, they just don't cut it.
Denise,

What size glove do you wear? Diane has smallish hands and the problem she has is there is usually too much fabric at the tips of the fingers. Fitting her with gloves that aren't too bulky is quite a challenge.

Thanks,

Patrick
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnus2000
What size glove do you wear?
I wear a medium in ladies... for these Tourmaster, I ordered a small and they fit just fine... they pinch a little on my right thumb, but I think I have a freakishly long right thumb as most of my gloves pinch it.

I would say as a medium girl glove wearer, I could have almost done a medium in the mens-- kind of in between. The small should fit her fine.

Unfortunately-- the smaller sizes are usually not available in the stores to try on. My Honda dealer has lots of gloves-- in large and extra large.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page