motorcycle club - nebraska area - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

motorcycle club - nebraska area

i am an old fart (52) and only been riding for about a year, in the eastern nebraska/western iowa area. anyone out there aware of a motorcycle club for someone like me? still work full time putting kids through college, so my riding time is somewhat limited. ayway, any leads appreciated. happy new year!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 07:12 AM

What kinda club are you lookin for?

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 11:24 AM

I've met some members of the Second Mile Riders which are an Omaha branch of the Christian Motorcyclists Association. Here is some information:

http://cmancr3.org/NE/SECONDMILERIDERS

From times I've seen them at various events, it appears they have all kinds of motorcycles. I remember reading in the Omaha World-Herald of their Sturgis Aid Station in Missouri Valley.

http://cmancr3.org/state/chapter/pho...05&albumID=158

Riding for the Son.

Current Bikes: 2003 Spirit 1100, 2008 GSX650F, 2006 Suzuki GS500F, 1996 Kawasaki KLR 250, 1974 Yamaha DT250
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

what type of club am i looking for? i guess older guys/girls - for group riding, sharing of info., etc. (i am, and will probably always be, a newbie rider).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 12:33 PM

There are three chapters of Southern Cruisers in Nebraska. Might give them a look.

You're talking to air.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:12 PM
WIL

Rocky: Why a club seems to me that you don't have the time to dedicate to a traditional Motorcycle Club. If what you are looking for is a group of like minded (and like busy) riders, you might look up your local ABATE chapter meetings. ABATE is a M/C rights group that attracts all manner of rider, and is usually not brand oriented. Or you could just attend Poker Runs and Rallys in your area and meet new people there who could develop into riding buddies .
point being that there are other ways to meet other riders in your peer group,other than attaching yourself to a "club" and all that that can entail. However the CMA suggestion is a good one. Enjoy the ride, and get out there where riders gather and extend yourself and meet new people. That would be my suggestion. Good luck, and be careful. Ride AWARE!

The Wind,as the Spirit,are forces of nature!
A.F.Veteran ,, American Legion ,, PGR
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 06:34 PM

I'd agree with CosmicCowboy (us 1100 ACE riders gotta stick together). The Southern Cruisers could be just what your looking for. Can check them out on the web, I imagine it's southerncruisers.net or something like that, and you can go to the state chapter websites and check them out to see if it's something interesting. Here you go http://www.scrcnational.com/chapters...state=Nebraska

Definately a riding club and not a motorcycle club, believe it or not there's a big difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page