To all the Denver riders - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

To all the Denver riders

Being new to motorcycles I need to know where in Denver is the best place to buy tires? I just want to get them an have them put on. Don't want to mess with Ordering and finding someone to install the tires later.

I think this would be a good question for Sanoke since he must ware a lot of tires out

Thanks for your help

Guy

1995 - 1100 American Classic Edition
2000 - BMW R1100RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 AM

Re: To all the Denver riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Being new to motorcycles I need to know where in Denver is the best place to buy tires? I just want to get them an have them put on. Don't want to mess with Ordering and finding someone to install the tires later.

I think this would be a good question for Sanoke since he must ware a lot of tires out

Thanks for your help

Guy
Hate to tell you this but for me the best place is the internet. I change my own tires (you're right, I go through a bunch) and I just buy them on the internet from whoever has the best sale going on. I don't know if you want to consider Dunlops or not but if you do, Grand Prix Motorsports on County Line Road in Littleton usually sells them for half price if you get them installed there. Other than that, just pick a dealer you like and get them there.

Happy Trails!
sanoke

If you don't have to be somewhere, you're never lost, you're just ridin around.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm like Sanoke, I buy them online but take the wheel and tire to a shop near the house.

I've heard good things about Tfog Wheelsports out in Golden as well as Woodys Wheel Works on S Platte River Dr.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 AM

Ok, I buy my tires from 'American Motorcycle Tire' online and have them mounted at the dealership while the bike is in for other service. Even thought most dealerships charge a bit more for the service when you 'carry in' the tires - there is still enough of a savings that it is worth the trouble to me.

Not sure what area of Denver you live, but if it is on the east side of town and worth the trip to the area of 225 and Alameda - Aurora Honda is an awesome shop...give them a consideration too.

Best of luck to you.

"Seek Brotherhood,
Cherish Solitude!"
Riders #59 & #60 For Woody.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:26 PM

Epic motorsports in co119 in Longmont - they opened about 10 months ago - young and hungry - been buying my tires there - they will quote you over the phone. very reliable. 303 485 1858
I will be getting my new rear tire for Sturgis from them next month.

So now that you have seen all the Denver members chime in - who are you and where are you and what kind of riding do you like to do - bar hopping or 400 mile day rides - in a group or solo?

We are always seeking new friends. Please reply and join the Denver brotherhood

ihavethespirit

Good rides, good memories, good friends - that's the HondaShadow.net way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page