Looking to cure NBS - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Looking to cure NBS

Hello
My name is CrazyDave, founder and president of S.N.B.S Stop Negeleted Bike Syndrome.

I started this organization after it came to my attention that there are thousands if not millions of negelected motorcycles in America. Road worthy, ready and willing bikes dying to get out on the open road are wasting away on sider streets and parking garages, some for months at a time.
This my friends should be a crime, motorcycle negelect, leads to tire rot, gummed carbs and dusty, dirty paint. It must be stopped.

First do your part at home, ride you bike, at least once a week, but preferably much more often. Take care of your bikes appearence, wash it, wax it, love it.

Donate. I personally am willing to undertake the responsibilty of the care and feeding of up to five bikes. I need your help though, the crass, careless owners of these bikes do not care if they waste away, but they are so selfish that they will not part with them for free, so please send me whatever you can so that I may purchase these poor under ridden, over parked beauties and give them teh road time they deserve.
I accept , cash, checks and money orders.

Skulz..it ain't just a bike thing to me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to TheCamel Send a message via MSN to TheCamel Send a message via Yahoo to TheCamel
Dave,

This is something that seems like a worthy cause, I would be willing to accept 5 as well
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamel
Dave,

This is something that seems like a worthy cause, I would be willing to accept 5 as well
+1. Funny thing is, I know a guy with 2 HD's in his basement. Brand new and not been on the road since parking them there. I can't convince him to part with them, not that I could afford those.

84 Magna 750
01 Shadow ACE 750
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 AM

dave i feel your pain. i too have a heart for under ridden bikes. i'm entertaining the idea of a bike riding service. i would be willing to ride the customers bike for a fee. that way the customer wouldn't be embarrassed about the lack of miles on an older bike. i'd be willing to sacrafice my body,eat bugs,endure pelting rain,and scorching sun. for a fee of course!!

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 AM

I agree, also. I can easily become a "foster parent" to at least 3
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 12:32 PM

Garage
Its my bike. I will wash it when I damn please. Which is usually never. (which makes black a terrible choice, LOL) Once a year I will wash my car and bike and Zaino both, After that its see ya till next year, At least my wife does run the car through the car wash now and then,

Its one of those things I don't like doing and since I ride in the rain I would be spending a lot of time with a toothbrush in all the nooks and crannys. And high pressure water is not in the cards on any bike I have owned. Rain is high pressure enough and the bike is designed to withstand that.

I will wipe the painted down sometimes in the garage after a storm though. Thats my way of cleaning it.

I just do not want to look like I obsess over my bike. I would rather "(given the choice of "image)" look like I actually spend more time riding the bike more than shining the bike. I know people who will not ride in the rain because of the "water spots" it may leave. To each their own. I bought mine to ride not to show, I take pride in my bike just as much as another. I just don't show it as much to others......
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaguy
Its my bike. I will wash it when I damn please. Which is usually never. (which makes black a terrible choice, LOL) Once a year I will wash my car and bike and Zaino both, After that its see ya till next year, At least my wife does run the car through the car wash now and then,

Its one of those things I don't like doing and since I ride in the rain I would be spending a lot of time with a toothbrush in all the nooks and crannys. And high pressure water is not in the cards on any bike I have owned. Rain is high pressure enough and the bike is designed to withstand that.

I will wipe the painted down sometimes in the garage after a storm though. Thats my way of cleaning it.

I just do not want to look like I obsess over my bike. I would rather "(given the choice of "image)" look like I actually spend more time riding the bike more than shining the bike. I know people who will not ride in the rain because of the "water spots" it may leave. To each their own. I bought mine to ride not to show, I take pride in my bike just as much as another. I just don't show it as much to others......
some of us are slobs some are not. doesnt have any thing to do with how much we want to ride vs spend time cleaning our bikes.

you CAN have a clean nice looking bike and ride too! really you can! just kidding........ not!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM

Put me in to care for 4 of those poor bikes

But I'm thinking we need to consider N.T.S. as well, I'm pretty sure my truck is feeling neglected, cause I don't think I've even started in the last two weeks

I'm a old, heavily armed, ponytailed, techno-redneck! 2013 NC700X

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by droy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaguy

some of us are slobs some are not. doesnt have any thing to do with how much we want to ride vs spend time cleaning our bikes.

you CAN have a clean nice looking bike and ride too! really you can! just kidding........ not!
Of Course YOU can, because You WANT to. I cannot because I don't want to. If that makes me a bike slob....I accept the award with humility and dignity nevertheless......
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:00 PM

Put another hash mark in the "bike slob" column for me.

My 6:20AM ride to work every morning in the fog does a pretty good job of getting mud and nasty water streaks all over it. (Wear my rain suit in the mornings, the fog is so thick.) For the first week of riding, I obsessed over the dirt, and polished like heck every night. What a waste of an hour a day.

So, now I wear my dirt with pride as I park next to the other "shiny" bikes in the parking lot, as though my bike screams out, "Hell, yes! I spend time on the road, and not just in the garage!"

--Justin

Currently Running Stable:
2010 Honda NT700V
1986 Shadow 700
1986 Honda Trail 110 (Postie Bike)
1987 Honda Rebel 450
1973 Honda Mini Trail 50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page