Honda Shadow Forums banner

Is There An Atlanta Honda Shadow Riders Club?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sothpaw62 
#1 ·
Hey Georgia Riders,

Does anyone know if there is a Shadow Riders Club? I've ridden with a group of guys here in the northeast suburbs of ATL but they do quite a bit of long distance rides and I don't have the time to do that. Also, GA 400 nor I-85 peaks my interest at all...at least not for long range trips.

If there is a riders club that you know of, please let us know. Is there enough of us locally to form a group for some Saturday or Sunday local rides?

Thanks,

Sothpaw62
Alpharetta, GA

#3 ·
I just have gotten back in the saddle recently after a long time, but I do most of my rides South of Newnan down toward Calloway Gardens and the FDR park. May not be as senic as the area North of Atlanta, but there are plenty of nice winding roads without a lot of heavy traffic. Last ride I took was about 55 miles round trip down toward Gay and the Cotton Picking Craft fair they hold there twice a year.

#7 ·
I'm not sure if you've heard of this group or not. There is a group in Atlanta that has a lot of different makes and models. The organizer is a great guy. They have a lot of riders, and I'm sure that if you join and mention something on there you'll have plenty of people wanting to go for a short ride with you. http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Motorcycle-Enthusiasts/

I hope I can do this if not, I'm really sorry. Please let me know if I'm doing something I'm not suppose to.

Patrice

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies to everyone. PrincessDiana, I've visited that website and applied for membership. When I hear back from the administrator, I'll let everyone know. In the mean time, how many people are interested in meeting up one Saturday or Sunday each month and taking a cruise?

Regardless of what you ride, let's get some greater Atlanta riders together and enjoy our southern fall weather as long as weekends allow!

Gary S.
sothpaw62
Alpharetta, GA

#10 ·
As a member of this club, I`ll be in Atlalnta Sunday at our regular Swap Meet & Bike Show...I`ll be at the Expo Center (Jonesboro Rd.) Sunday selling tickets at the gate...

While we`re talking Georgia...
There`s ALWAYS something going on in ABATE around the state, within easy riding distance...checkout our web...
Sunday;
Our ABATE Swap Meet starts at 9am Nov 2...
It would be nice to meet some of y`all...
Tomorrow;
I 75 exit 60, there will be a biker get together starting 11am if anyone is in the area and want to help out a good cause,
Hope Ministries benefit BBQ/cookout ~ bike games ~ silent auction ~ door prizes...I`ll be at the ABATE membership table there too...

I post a flyer in the rides and events forum each time we have the swap meet...Ga. on your mind? thread...same flyer different date...

Nope, this ain`t an advertisement... posted for info only...

#11 ·
Going for an Election Day Ride

I am calling in sick on Tuesday, going to vote for the good guy, and then I am going to go riding all afternoon. Anyone south of Atlanta interested in joining in pm me. I have no particular destination. And btw....Gay, Georgia is a small town in my great state and they hold the cotton pickin fair twice a year.....

#12 ·
Looks like I should live on the south side of ATL as there seems to be a bigger Honda Shadow following down there. In the north subs of Roswell, Alpharetta, Cumming, Duluth and Suwanee, we are pretty loaded up with Harleys!

Sothpaw62

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.