Garage
heads up NH riders

http://www.nhmro.org/LegislativeNews.html

Skulz..it ain't just a bike thing to me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

This doesn't surprise me one bit CD. This is just the start of it. More and more communities are looking at these laws and are passing them ( loud pipes, etc. ).

I bet in the next 10 years we will see the majority of the States have helmet laws and a huge number of communities will have noise restrictions.

The truckers have experienced it with noise / jake brake restrictions as have the boom box crowd. In all cases one only has to thank a handful of idiots who had no regard for their communities and created problems.

I have seen bikers with open pipes who created obnoxiously loud noise. These are the ones who are being targeted. Unfortunately the laws will snag others who use after market pipes but actually have baffles in them and are not that loud.

It's the same old song. Everyone pays for a few jerks.

Chris

‎"There are two theories when it comes to arguing with women and neither one works "
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
This doesn't surprise me one bit CD. This is just the start of it. More and more communities are looking at these laws and are passing them ( loud pipes, etc. ).

I bet in the next 10 years we will see the majority of the States have helmet laws and a huge number of communities will have noise restrictions.

The truckers have experienced it with noise / jake brake restrictions as have the boom box crowd. In all cases one only has to thank a handful of idiots who had no regard for their communities and created problems.

I have seen bikers with open pipes who created obnoxiously loud noise. These are the ones who are being targeted. Unfortunately the laws will snag others who use after market pipes but actually have baffles in them and are not that loud.

It's the same old song. Everyone pays for a few jerks.

Chris
NH already has a noise law, it is quite liberal and more then fair to both rider and nonrider. Each city and town's police force need to do their part and actively crack down on the abusers. The last one that was attempted would not have been cost effective to implement and may have resulted in civil suits against the state for such things as demanding a tachometer be installed on bikes that never came with a tachometer.

As to the helmet portion..nothing new..LIVE FREE AND FIGHT.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 05:23 PM

This South Park episode tells it all:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889

1997 Valkyrie Tourer
1998 Valkyrie Tourer - SOLD
2007 Yamaha FJR1300a - SOLD
2006 Sabre - SOLD

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Loud

Funny how things change. No one used to give a darn about other peoples stuff. Heck, just about any bike I had since around 1964 has had loud pipes. I either gutted them, or bought after market pipes, and gutted them. This is the first bike since my little CB90 I have ridden with stock pipes. Funny thing, at 63 years old, kinda like the quiet pipes now....just gotta be an age thing I guess.

Illinois Patriot Guard Rider #165254
2004 Honda Sabre 1100
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave
NH already has a noise law, it is quite liberal and more then fair to both rider and nonrider. Each city and town's police force need to do their part and actively crack down on the abusers.
And therein lies the problem CD. The old laws already on the books are not enforced so some media starved politician wants to make a new one.

I HATE new laws. They typically are a knee jerk reaction to some event that occurred which effected 1 % of the population and the new law will screw over 85 % of the people just to please the very tiny minority of people.

I would love to see a 10 year moratorium on any new laws being enacted in the USA. We have stacks of laws that are not enforced now.

Chris

‎"There are two theories when it comes to arguing with women and neither one works "
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 12:29 PM

What the heck, NH is Live Free or Die. Guess I might end up wearing a helmet during Laconia this year.

1984 Magna Chopper, 1995 Magna, 2000 Buell Blast (for the wife...)

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent
What the heck, NH is Live Free or Die. Guess I might end up wearing a helmet during Laconia this year.
Don't be throwing in the towel just yet

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:22 AM

Location: SW Georgia Between Americus & Beuna Vista - Plains & Ellaville - Preston & Andersonville
I`m a member of at least one Motorcyclists Rights Organization...
Are YOU???
( you may click on http://abatega.org/find_other_mro.htm to find your local MRO)
The time has come!!!
If you ride, YOU should be involved...
Good Luck on this journey...

`98 VT750 A.C.E.
Motorcycle Rider Rights Activist
ABATE member 40+yrs.
www.ABATEGA.org
(DC District 13)
www.mrf.org
www.MSF-USA.org
http://www.ama-cycle.org/
http://www.bikerrogue.com/Articles/Biker_Rights/History_of_Abate/history_of_abate.htm
Enjoying Life,D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page