Ottawa Area - Wanna ride together? - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:59 AM

Garage
Did you look at their used bikes? They want way too much for them. They have a nice white VTX in there I would love, but it's priced about $3000 to high, for the year and mileage.

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey" - Jan 2017 BOTM - Sold Oct 2018

2008 VTX 1300T - Oct 2018 Co-BOTM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 AM

Garage
I did a walk around of the used bikes, but didn't see much that interested me. There was a cool looking 1992 Harley Softail bobber type with springer front end done in black/gold, but at $17,500 it was too old and way too expensive.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	92 Bobber.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	212009  

Retired and broke.

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:17 PM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
Did you look at their used bikes? They want way too much for them. They have a nice white VTX in there I would love, but it's priced about $3000 to high, for the year and mileage.
It always bugs me when someone wants to tack on "new" prices for all their "old" accessories that have been on the bike for years to the "retail" price of the bike. I'm sorry, but you HAVE to think there is going to be "depreciation", folks! You can't expect someone to pay a "premium" or "new" price for that rust pitted, flaking chrome backrest or other WELL "used" accessory, just because YOU want to try to "recoup" YOUR cost when you bought it. It ain't WORTH it, dude!! I see that FAR too often, though.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer View Post
It always bugs me when someone wants to tack on "new" prices for all their "old" accessories that have been on the bike for years to the "retail" price of the bike. I'm sorry, but you HAVE to think there is going to be "depreciation", folks! You can't expect someone to pay a "premium" or "new" price for that rust pitted, flaking chrome backrest or other WELL "used" accessory, just because YOU want to try to "recoup" YOUR cost when you bought it. It ain't WORTH it, dude!! I see that FAR too often, though.

This is a dealership, so I guess they think they should be charging retail prices on their used bikes too. I am always looking at the local Kijiji (CL in Canada) and similar bikes are priced much lower on private sale.

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey" - Jan 2017 BOTM - Sold Oct 2018

2008 VTX 1300T - Oct 2018 Co-BOTM

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
This is a dealership, so I guess they think they should be charging retail prices on their used bikes too. I am always looking at the local Kijiji (CL in Canada) and similar bikes are priced much lower on private sale.
I see this far too often, with both dealerships AND individuals selling bikes. I'd rather get a bike from someone I "know", at least remotely, via these forums than on Craigslist or one of those other places.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 07:03 AM

Heading out for a ride to Merrickville this morning. Then taking the bike downtown to meet a friend for coffee. Hope some of you guys are getting out this weekend as well.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 04:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidejam View Post
Heading out for a ride to Merrickville this morning. Then taking the bike downtown to meet a friend for coffee. Hope some of you guys are getting out this weekend as well.
Merrickville is such a nice town and has some great little shops. The ride is pretty straight line though but still good. I had chores today and wasn't able to get out today to enjoy the warn sunshine. Bummed

Retired and broke.

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:16 AM

Was out a bit Saturday during the day and also in the evening. Rode around Kanata and west of Ottawa with a friend of mine. And then in the evening, met up with others at the Timmys on Innes.

Anyone else get out?
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 03:47 PM

Did anyone in the Ottawa area make it out to the Moto Social event at Happy Goat this week?

If the weather is nice tomorrow, I'll probably be taking a ride up the 511 tomorrow. Anyone is welcome. However, the pace will probably sprinted.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 01:45 PM

Anyone else around here get out for a ride this week? Nice to see we finally have some good weather. Here's a pic from my ride on Monday. I was definitely the odd man out being on a Honda...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page