Calgary / Airdrie / Okotoks riders? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Calgary / Airdrie / Okotoks riders?

Hey, new to the forum, always looking for folks to ride with. Evenings out to Bragg or Cochrane, Canmore etc. Day ride weekends are great too. Let me know looks like it should be a great summer for once weather wise. ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 12:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogz View Post
Hey, new to the forum, always looking for folks to ride with. Evenings out to Bragg or Cochrane, Canmore etc. Day ride weekends are great too. Let me know looks like it should be a great summer for once weather wise. ?
I'm in Calgary. My august is full though, may be able to do a few rides in September though

2012 Shadow Phantom
- Cobra Powrflo Air Intake
- Cobra Fi2000 Fuel Controller
- Vance & Hines Short Shots
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 PM

Garage
Hi guys, I picked up an 1100 Spirit a few weeks back so fairly new to this forum, Im 1/2 hr ne of Calgary on the #9 that runs up to Drumheller.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 11:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Skene View Post
Hi guys, I picked up an 1100 Spirit a few weeks back so fairly new to this forum, Im 1/2 hr ne of Calgary on the #9 that runs up to Drumheller.
Cool!! I ride to Drum every once and a while! Let me know if you want to go for a ride. Congrats on your new bike

2012 Shadow Phantom
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:27 PM

Garage
Ive been wanting to check out a bike/gun shop in Drum for a few weeks but sht keeps gettin in the way... maybe this weekend tho if the weather holds.

Im 27k from the #1, intersection of #9 and range road 264, if you drive by feel free to stop in, first acreage on east side of 264, about 400yds off #9.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ive been wanting to check out a bike/gun shop in Drum for a few weeks but sht keeps gettin in the way... maybe this weekend tho if the weather holds.

Im 27k from the #1, intersection of #9 and range road 264, if you drive by feel free to stop in, first acreage on east side of 264, about 400yds off #9.
Thanks! My schedule keeps changing so my days off are highly unpredictable but if I come out that way, I'll stop by

2012 Shadow Phantom
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Garage
I work nights mon-thurs so Im off fri, sat, sun every weekend.

The ride home from work(Balzac) at 2am is starting to get a bit chilly, last night I went from Balzac out to Crossfield, over to Beiseker and then past Irricana, wasnt too cold, but it wasnt warm either, saw a couple deer but they politely waited in the ditch as I past by, which is fairly common with mule deer, they dont often 'appear out of nowhere' like whitetail always seem to.

Today and sat look good weather wise so I'll go for a ride somewhere, maybe Drum or Red Deer, we may not get alot of really warm days for awhile
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
I work nights mon-thurs so Im off fri, sat, sun every weekend.

The ride home from work(Balzac) at 2am is starting to get a bit chilly, last night I went from Balzac out to Crossfield, over to Beiseker and then past Irricana, wasnt too cold, but it wasnt warm either, saw a couple deer but they politely waited in the ditch as I past by, which is fairly common with mule deer, they dont often 'appear out of nowhere' like whitetail always seem to.

Today and sat look good weather wise so I'll go for a ride somewhere, maybe Drum or Red Deer, we may not get alot of really warm days for awhile

Yea I hear ya. I'm off today but I have so many errands to run, because I work tomorrow and all next week. I'll definitely be riding to my appointments today though haha.

2012 Shadow Phantom
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 01:48 PM

Garage
Went down to plus 1 last night, I wouldnt want to ride too far in that but it wasnt bad for the 20 minute ride home. I have a windscreen and some extra deflectors mounted on the crash bar so that cuts down the wind pretty well. Tonight looks better, only down to 6 so that wont be bad.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 12:42 PM

Garage
I went for a little ride along the Red Deer River near Drumheller on fri, oct 2, might not get many more nice days this year. Starting at Drum and heading east theres a couple interesting stops, Star mine suspension bridge, the Hoo Doos clay formations, Atlas coal mine.

Couple pics from the day
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wwfnzdcsg...pGlrsJKva?dl=0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in