Reasonably priced brake rotors ARE out there - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Reasonably priced brake rotors ARE out there

Found this little gem on ebay:

2001 Honda VLX600 Shadow Front Brake Rotor | eBay

Brand new, $33 shipped. No idea who made it, there's no branding on it, only marking is "KBA 61001". If there's enough interest I can contact the seller to see if he has more or knows where to get them.

FWIW, it has the same 5-hole drilling pattern around the outside as this $175 EBC rotor. Note the stock rotors have 3 holes. And, the one I bought was yellow zinc coated rather than the EBC's silver. So who knows who made this thing.
EBC Brake Rotor MD1047LS for Honda VT600CD Shadow VLX Deluxe 1993 2007 | eBay

Now for my story. The rotor was warped when I bought the bike this spring. I looked around and the only new rotors I found were in the $180 range. So that got put on the back burner. I just learned to deal with it being warped and moved on. I kept looking now and then, though, and happened across this deal on ebay.

So I installed it tonight, and went for a short ride. I've gotta tell you, folks, it's a different bike. Braking action is, obviously, much smoother but it's SMOOTHER! I love it. It has to be a lot safer, too. If you're riding on a warped rotor, it's really something you should look into. If I had known the difference it would have made I probably would have scraped up the money to buy the new rotor long ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 PM

I think it comes back as an EBC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page