Help with 2018 Aero exhaust - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Help with 2018 Aero exhaust

Hey guys, I just bought a 2018 Shadow Aero, and the only thing I want to change on it is the pipes. I'd like to put a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on it. However, on the V&H website, they only list support for Shadows up to 2016. I sent them an e-mail about the fuelpak settings for a 2018, and they responded with this:

"Unfortuantely we do not offer a Fuelpak that is compatible with the 2018 VT750C."

So I asked them if that means I shouldn't install the Straightshots, and they replied with this:

"We haven't test fit the exhaust on a 2018 either, so are unsure whether it fits. If you confirm it will, I would recommend a Dynojet Power Commander for your tuner."

Do any of you guys have Vance and Hines exhaust on a 2018 model? Has something changed in the Aero's exhaust system since 2016? Any advice on getting some better sounding pipes on my Shadow?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:04 AM

Model: VT750C2-EFI
Year: 2010
Garage
I think that you would be pretty well safe in fitting these, as far as I know, nothing has changed with the Shadow from approx 2010 when Honda introduced EFI to the Shadow line in the US.

Vlad...
2010 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2 EFI...

~=IF DOGS DONT GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=~
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxOZ View Post
I think that you would be pretty well safe in fitting these, as far as I know, nothing has changed with the Shadow from approx 2010 when Honda introduced EFI to the Shadow line in the US.
Even the fuelpak?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:45 AM

Garage
I would say that even the fuelpack would be the same, as looking at the specification of the engines, there doesn't appear to be any difference between the 2016 & 2018 models.

Vlad...

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Good info, thanks for your response. Can anyone weigh in who might have a 2018 and some V&H pipes on it?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Finally picked up the bike.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 AM

Garage
OK, where's the photos...

Vlad...

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

I thought I added one, I can see it! Forum will only let me post one photo at a time. I'll try here. It's freaking beautiful.

Last edited by ccjcc81; 11-02-2018 at 05:33 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjcc81 View Post
Hey guys, I just bought a 2018 Shadow Aero, and the only thing I want to change on it is the pipes. I'd like to put a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on it. However, on the V&H website, they only list support for Shadows up to 2016. I sent them an e-mail about the fuelpak settings for a 2018, and they responded with this:

"Unfortuantely we do not offer a Fuelpak that is compatible with the 2018 VT750C."

So I asked them if that means I shouldn't install the Straightshots, and they replied with this:

"We haven't test fit the exhaust on a 2018 either, so are unsure whether it fits. If you confirm it will, I would recommend a Dynojet Power Commander for your tuner."

Do any of you guys have Vance and Hines exhaust on a 2018 model? Has something changed in the Aero's exhaust system since 2016? Any advice on getting some better sounding pipes on my Shadow?

Thanks

Hey man, did you end up taking a leap of faith to see if the pipes fit? I have the same bike, color and all, and I got essentially the exact same reply from V&H when I asked about their Short Shots. Would love to have them, but not willing to spend V&H price to find out they don't fit then have to go through the trouble of return, refund, etc.

Thanks in advance!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:57 PM

A trick to finding if something fits between years is to hit the OEM parts lists to see if stock stuff interchanges.
For example for a look up a muffler assembly from 2016 and 2018 and you will find if it is the same part.
Look up the Wiring list and search for the ICM-PGM or whatever the computer is called from both years, if the part number is that same it is the same.

Look here as an example:https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...torcycle/parts

If the stock exhaust fits both bikes, you can be pretty sure the aftermarket pipes will fit both too.
And with the Fuel profiling gismo, if both computers are the same my guess is the after market solution will plug right in on either.

This is no absolute guarantee, but it is probably as close as you will get without trying to fit them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page