Baffle... "alteration" for gentlemen - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Model: VT700c
Year: 1985
Garage
Baffle... "alteration" for gentlemen

Just thought I'd drop this in here before crossing the Rubicon.

I would like to modify, not remove, my baffles and resonators. The mod I'm basing my plan on is pictured below (image from @soxOZ circa 2011). The jist of this mod is as follows:

Use a hole saw the same size as the original baffle opening to widen the opening of the resonator wall therein. Successive holes may be drilled through more walls of the baffles/resonators as desired...

The Shadow shown in the original mod has baffle openings around 1". Eyeballing the baffle openings on my 1985 VT700, they are closer to 1/8". This doesn't allow for visual inspection of the internal structure of the baffle/resonator of this particular model.

So my question is, if I used a 3/4" hole saw to widen the baffle opening, would I find a resonator wall similar to the one pictured behind it? And does anyone see possible objections to taking the 3/4" hole saw to the first wall of the resonator as well? (Other than the widely known consequences of changing engine back-pressure).

Thanks guys.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4895.png
Views:	64
Size:	813.7 KB
ID:	261016  

Last edited by adam3131; 03-16-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Model: VT700c
Year: 1985
Garage
Well, ended up just going for it with a 3/4" hole-saw. Found the resonance tube behind the rear baffle wall as expected.

Happy with the results. Would not have gone any larger with the opening, as 3/4" increased deepness and volume of the engine sound plenty.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:39 AM

Model: VT750C2-EFI
Year: 2010
Garage
Just saw your post, and glad you like the outcome...!!!

Vlad...
2010 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2 EFI...

~=IF DOGS DONT GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page