2000 VT1100C3 - Gearshift linkage and clutch cable - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

2000 VT1100C3 - Gearshift linkage and clutch cable

Im pretty much a novice when it comes to motorcycle work. I got 2 probs that have me stumped. Had to take off the clutch lifter on my 1100 and when i put it back on, the handlebar lever doesnt pull itself back anymore. Im sure i have that spring in the right place. So did i mess up the adjustment somehow?
The gearshift link is a whole different beast tho. I completely need a new one it seems. If ive been looking at stuff right, do i just need to go through the left crank case and the flywheel to replace that and whats the best thing to get the flywheel off. Not gonna lie, ive tried and failed. Thanks in advance. And if anyone has one they wanna sell for cheap, i wouldnt be against it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:33 PM

Not sure what you mean by the clutch lifter. As far as shift linkage are you speaking about the shift fork? The linkage is an adjustable rod on the outside connected to your shift level. @swifty2014 has posted a number of times about the shift fork.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72...ress-down.html

Your a newb to this so we don't expect you to have all the terminology down so don't be afraid to ask and we will ask back to clarifiy.

“My father says almost the wholeworld’s asleep. Everybody you know,everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant total amazement.”

“ From the Movie ‘Joe Vs The Volcano’

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:59 PM

Model: Vt750
Year: 1983
Garage
Other guys will know your bike better than me, but here is the reinstall of the clutch lifter from the manual.
And if the shifter had been working fine before work done, you probably don't need to replace it, just reset the teeth as mentioned above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	261098  

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

To Ramie. For now, it is just the linkage you attach the shift lever to. Mines kinda....ehhh. Horribly mangled. I wanna say it part 11 on this diagram and if i get my laptop, may be able to upload a pic of it. Ill be sure to look at that post tho to see what i can find.
http://https://www.bikebandit.com/oe...51363#sch98062
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

To Swifty. Yea. I wanna say i had it reinstalled back exactly like that. Tho, that area of my bike looks like it got into a fight with something and lost badly. There was some type of filling around it so maybe removing that messed with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page