Honda Shadow Forums banner

Turbo 750

8K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  Tlyons 
#1 ·
Hi, i have an 98 vt 750 that i have turned into fuel injection, and added a turbo.
I was wondering if anyone else on this forum have done this?

Added a pic

Robert

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
It runs okay, still in the tuning process.
I could upload a video, one of these days.
Yes i make everything, pipes, intake manifold, tank etc.
Installed some more thingslike bov and fender.
It spools up okay, but are looking for more suitable turbos from one of the small cars.
I chose this one because of the watercooling of turbo.
In the plan is to mount ic from a opel combo c
Had to get timing for the fuel injection ecu from the stator side. And running stock ignition for time being

#9 ·
A very interesting project and looks good too.

For controlling things I'd give an email to the Ignitech folks, I use one of their TCIP4 ICM boxes (ignition only) on my relatively stock bike and have been happy with it for a few years.
The full featured Ignijet is AFAIK programmable to do what you need, it is kind of expensive though, but reasonably priced if you look at some of the other offerings out there!

Anyway thanks for posting this, it is great to see the envelope that is the VT750 pushed beyond my expectations.

#12 ·
You are welcome.

If some photos won't open - right click and click on open link in new tab.

I learned that on here a while back.
And sometimes I will take "snip" and then can adjust it in a photo program.

Reactions: Big Shrek
#14 ·
My Ignitech ignition triggers off the regular trigger wheel, but the setup is pretty flexible so I didn't have to go that route.
Still feeding mine with the carbs I have not looked into their injection setup other than to go wow.

If you email them a copy of your setup and the required component wiring and your situation, they will get back to you usually quite quickly with your options and pricing.
Email usually works best, they have a couple of people who speak English, but unless you speak Czech, phoning is kind of hit or miss.
Turn around on finished product is usually pretty quick.

IIRC you can download the software from their site and take a look at it on a Windows computer to see if it allows the flexibility you are after.

#20 ·
Uploaded a quick video here. If anyone wanted to see/hear. Not beem doing much work lately one month holiday. But honed cylinders-rings and lapped? Valves. Sorry for the english ?
i have been looking for a 750 honda that someone has turbo'd for a long time, because i have wanted to turbo my 2003 shadow 750 ace for a while. i just couldnt find any info on a good turbo size or anything like that.

#21 ·
🤤 your a mad man lol looks incredible love the craftsmanship. I was debating long ago of converting mine to fuel injection via throttle body (83 750) where did you find the throttle body and other injection components I couldn't find anything with hours of research only found a few that was iffy and some who dont make kits anymore or parts and others that are China based and use chines parts.

#22 ·
I know this thread was started almost a year ago by now, but I’m curious so if you still read this thread where did you get the oil feed for the turbo? did you use a sandwich plate on the oil filter? The return isn’t hard, I’d make an adapter for the dipstick hole but the feed I always wondered about.

#24 ·
Sorry, A while since i was in
here..
the oil feed i took from the pressure switch port. Welded a fitting to match my line. Then i added a pressure gauge on the line. The return is through the dipstick hole. If you would be making a blow through, i would recommend checking up on the plenum size. It has to be big, due to alot of pulsing etc. dont remember the litres in my head right now. Im offshore Now.

I have made an effort to make blow through on the vt750. and it does work. But i havent finished it yet. I have other bikes to give live to also 😘
Just ask if there is anyone wanting to know ****, i think i will get alerts on email now.. get back when i have chance !

#29 ·
maybe they have covid issues..
you dont get any good base map. i think the base map was for a 125 scooter of some sorts. so you have to figure that **** out on your own.. you can multiply the map to get it to start however. but to use this you need to make a new trigger point for the fueling. there are probably better options than ecotrons. the only reason i bought it was because it was a kit, and it was "cheap", they do offer support. and you can edit maps the way you want. i would recommend using wideband 02, the kit includes only narrowband, so if you know some basic tuning you probably will get it running okay.

but why do you want to efi your bike?

#31 ·
maybe they have covid issues..
you dont get any good base map. i think the base map was for a 125 scooter of some sorts. so you have to figure that **** out on your own.. you can multiply the map to get it to start however. but to use this you need to make a new trigger point for the fueling. there are probably better options than ecotrons. the only reason i bought it was because it was a kit, and it was "cheap", they do offer support. and you can edit maps the way you want. i would recommend using wideband 02, the kit includes only narrowband, so if you know some basic tuning you probably will get it running okay.

but why do you want to efi your bike?
Most likely I'd imagine they have issues right now not a very large company dont even know where their based out of but thats what brought me to like their kit since it is a kit and trying to peice all of the components your self is a pain. I know very little about tuning and really only about vw tdi maps as I needed to do some ecu remaping on my jetta tdi but always down for a challenge. If i ever come around pulling the trigger within the next year or so ill grab a wide band as well. I was also debating weather I'd need two since the 83 750 I have uses 2 carbs but I'd imagine 1 throttlebody would be better then 2 carbs. I'd just need to model and 3d print a tunnel to connect the throttle body to the 2 ports on the engine, simple enough. I was researching efi cause I absolutely hate carburetors great invention but a pain in my rear.

#33 ·
Not to derail, but I'm surprised nobody has cannabalized a CX500 Turbo
for all the turbo stuff and slapped it on a Shadow.

Although someone may have done it...and I've never seen the thread ;)