Another slave cylinder question, i know i know!
Ok before I dived into this project I watched just about every you tube video, and forum I could find on bleeding slave cylinder. So backstory, bike sat for 10 years got it running etc etc. Ok the master cylinder was beyond shot, so replaced it will all new cylinder and lever. Pulled the slave cylinder out, and yeah it was disgusting. Pretty much crystallized, and everything was covered with gunk. Soaked all the pieces in chem dip, and installed all new seals. Put it all back together, and filled master cylinder with fluid. I used a pneumatic bleeder, and got it to the point where the lever was pretty stiff. It felt the same as any other hydraulic clutch I've used. Except when i pulled the clutch in rear tire doesn't move. So went back to the drawing board, started with bleeding the master cylinder. Went through a few bleeds and tried the clutch again. Nada. But I did notice if i pushed on the tire enough it would start to spin with some resistance, and it eventually starts to loosed up more, but no where near how it would be in neutral. If I let go of the clutch, and try again its the same thing over again. So I moved onto the slave cylinder and tried bleeding from there for a while. Same result and now my arms tired. So I called it a night, and figured Id ask here for some advice. Also when I bleed the fluid, its nice and clear.
Last edited by jmsanch; 06-08-2019 at 11:36 PM.