Carbs Synched - big thanx!!! (w/some pix) - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:43 PM

The hacksaw blade idea was brilliant, as are some of the other options others have given.

If you remove the front, chrome rocker box cover using those little hex bolts, you can get a variety of tools in there for the adjustment. It takes no time at all to remove the cover and it makes the jog even more routine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 AM
CJH

I haven't balanced the carbs yet but I did just round up all the stuff to make the vacuum gage:
- A good current sources for the 5 mm vacuum adapters is Adventuremotogear (www.adventuremotogear.com). The price is $3.00 each for the two adapters and $3.00 shipping. Easier than making them yourself. The online ordering didn't seem to work and I had to place the order by phone. The member who was selling them didn't answer my business so he must be out of the business.
- You can buy the vacuum restictors at Autozone for $2.00 each. Stores seem to only stock one piece, so I had to go to 2 stores to get the two required. They are located with all the vacuum fittings and are in a plastic blister package.
- Home Depot has a good selection of clear plastic tubing that the auto parts stores around here don't seem to carry.

Hope this helps someone.

'06 Shadow Spirit VT750DC, Candy Orange
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to undivided
If anyone plans on doing this on the ACE 750 shadow line it is incredibly easy.
remove the fin plate from the right of the front cylinder and the left of the rear.
you will see a screw blocking the access hole to get vacuum reading.
taking the tank off reveals a hole in the frame big enough to stick a screwdriver down to reach the sync screw.

too bad I dont have enough free time to actually do this myself... paying the dealer to adjust & sync for me.... I hate messing with idle screws on 2 carbs, it just confuses me!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Chopped 02 Shadow
So i was trying to figure out how to adjust my sync screw... and this is what i came up with, it reaches just fine, can even add extra length if needed.

it's 1/4" ratchet extensions with a 1/4 socket (i think) and a #2 screw bit held in with tape (so it didn't fall out). hope this helps someone else.

- Pete

This is how to add a picture to your signature.
2002 Shadow Spirit 750DC Owners Manual

Mine ~> 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 Bobber
Hers ~> 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM

The last two links for 5mm vacuum adapters didn't get me anywhere. So I did the next best thing: Type "5 mm vacuum adapters" into google. That gave me lots of options! I've linked the results.

Also, would someone kindly post a picture of a vacuum adapter attached to a motorcycle, specifically showing where one screws into the other? This would clear up a great deal of mystery about carb syncing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in