Fuelology - Page 12 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickertheflame View Post
I have a 2003 HONDA SHADOW 750 SPIRIT and I've been fueling up at Costco and noticed that it says 10% ethanol. Is that safe for my bike? Is ethanol bad for our bikes and if it is should 10% be okay? Or is that too high of a threshold for ny bike. I've been using 87 with 10 ethanol.
Your in sunny CA so probably not an issue for you. As long as you ride often. It's more of an issue for us that may not be riding for a month or two because of weather. From what I understand is Ethanol will separate from gas over time and ethanol will attract water.
I've ran 10%ethanol most of the time I've had my bike and haven't had any issues. I only try and get non ethanol when I may not be riding for a few weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:58 AM

Model: 2015 VT750C Aero
Year: 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter13 View Post
.......It's more of an issue for us that may not be riding for a month or two because of weather. From what I understand is Ethanol will separate from gas over time and ethanol will attract water. .....
I forgot which ones they are but there are additives that will reblend the ethanol or ethanol + moisture back into the gasoline and allow it to combust better.

I am coming from an older Triumph Tiger background.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page