Central Texas hill country riders - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 11:54 PM

We can't be friends.

You should have texted me. I don't check HS.net as much

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 03:47 PM

http://www.giddyuptx.com/

Anyone going?

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameshadow View Post
I'm in hill country. Burtram area if anyone wants to ride!
Burtram? It's Bertram. I grew up in Liberty Hill

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:57 AM

Model: Spirit
Year: 2007
Garage
If anyone in the central Texas area ie ft hood and surrounding areas would like to get your bike wrapped with vinyl let me know. I have a guy that can do it in San Antonio and he does a phenomenal job. HMU through email at [email protected]

There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 08:32 PM

Garage
Hey Wulfenstein, I grew up at Seward Junction. I'm in Bastrop now.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 12:44 AM

Austin, checking in.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 07:06 AM

Model: Spirit
Year: 2007
Garage
No Longer in service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase0305 View Post
If anyone in the central Texas area ie ft hood and surrounding areas would like to get your bike wrapped with vinyl let me know. I have a guy that can do it in San Antonio and he does a phenomenal job. HMU through email at [email protected]
He is no longer providing this type of work.

There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole!
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 11:35 PM

Im in San Antonio Texas off 281/1604. Im a new rider. Got my license not to long ago and i ride an 02 Shadow Spirit VT750DC. The prev owner couldnt figure it out so got a harley and sd it to me for $300. I got it runninv in 30min after it sat for 2 years. After much elbow grease, a new fuel pump relay and a carb rebuild its like new. I also of course later replaced a lot of minor things to be on the safe side. It had 18k mile and now im at 22k. I took it all the way to Dallas and back.

I often ride down 1604 to Helotes and then up to the town of Bandera. Sometjmes even up to Los Maples then come back, snag 46 and take that all the way over I10 then end up bavk on 281 and head home. Its scenic.

Another good one is going to Fredericksburg on a Saturday.

I want to hit up more places or some secret back roads that are scenic.

Every Sunday a group of guys, mostly sport bikes but a few cruisers meet in Helotes at 8am on Sundays. They meet at the last Gas station before you pass Bobby J's Burgers. Anyone can show up and join the group. They ride to the town of Bandera and eat breakfast and the. Go back. However i hunger for longer trips so i end up taking the long way home.

Just dont ride stupid and you will be fine. A bunch of nice people.

I wish i had more cruiser buddies in my area. There are some good roads that go along spring branch. I start at 281 and Bulverde rd by Rebecca Creek where my chick works. I grab Smithson Valley rd all the way to 46 and hang a right. I make my way to New. Braunfels and cut around back down 1863 for some good views.

Sometimes ill go into New Braunfels past the Harley Dealership and on the right is a really good BBQ place with up front motorcycle parking. Its just before the light.

Its a good 2 hour ride more or less. Sometkmes i go into the neighnorhoods amd check out the nice houses on those big hills if i can sneak in.

Soon when its cooler though, i really want to take a trip up to Carlsbad Caverns with my girl but thats a big trip on a small bike. Maybe ill go to houston to the renaissance festival this year and visit my causins in Houston. Who knows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180601_161954_1528342514297.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	253753  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 12:51 AM

Garage
I'm in Converse. If you go past Bandera to Kerrville, the hot weather doesn't feel too bad. There's plenty of shade. Kerrville to Fredericksburg to 281 is miserably hot. I usually work weekends so that leaves out most group riding. There's usually a gathering at the gas station at potranco and 151 every Saturday night. Bikes, cars, trucks, new, old, whatever.

He who expects nothing is never disappointed. -me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page