Southeastern Mass Ride - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Southeastern Mass Ride

So here's what I'm thinking. I've seen a lot of people wanting to get shadow riders together for rides the past couple years, and it just never seems to happen. So I'm setting days/times/dates. I'm setting a meeting place. Anyone that wants to come, can come. We'll meet. We'll ride. We'll eat. Weekly. Starting in May. Every week. No matter what. Now I teach driver's ed every day, so my schedule is crazy. So weekends after 3:30 will be best, but in the summer it could be any day after 3:30. Rides will Start at 4:00, conclude by 7:00 so there's still light in the sky for the ride home. (may conclude sooner if meals are skipped.
Every week, we'll do some alternate routes of the South Shore. Find a place to stop for a quick bite to eat or ice cream or whatever, and loop back. Whoever shows, shows. I did this with the New England Riders Group a couple years ago and it went well for a few weeks, then it kind of just fell off. Would like to try again.

So here goes:

South Shore Massachusetts Shadow Riders Weekly Rides (and anyone else that would like to join) begin on

Saturday, May 7, 2016 and will continue Saturdays from there on (weather permitting)

Meet up time: 3:45 PM

Meeting Spot: Shea Memorial Gymnasium Parking Lot at Southfield
495 Shea Memorial Drive
Weymouth, MA

Kickstands Up: 4:00 PM

First route: Southfield, into Rockland. Follow 228 into Hingham, then into Hull. Ride up to Fort Revere (Picture time). Loop back through Hull into Cohasset (Jerusalem Rd.) Follow the Coast of Cohasset into Scituate, back into Cohasset, Hingham and Return to Southfield. This Loop is Approximately 40-50 Miles. There are plenty of places we could stop for a quick dinner as well if people want to eat. Should be no need for fuel ups if you gas up beforehand unless you get terrible mpg. On our first meet up, we can exchange contact info like phone #'s to organize other rides, and in between rides. I ride all the time, and am always looking for people to ride with.

Who's In?

Last edited by 2wheellife; 03-23-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Still On!

Bikes were made to be ridden, not dragged around on trailers.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:30 AM

Garage
these ever end up happening? I am a new rider (take the course next weekend) and just got my first Shadow and first bike. I will be looking for riders once I get a bit more comfortable on it, I am self taught at about 50 miles at the moment haha.

Anyways, I am in Kingston, MA

1999 Honda Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:50 PM

Garage
I would be down sometimes. What about rides out on The Cape? I have a buddy with a VTX 1300 that would like to come along sometimes but his wife is about to hatch out a kid. I understand the crazy schedule, work and family, my schedule is nothing short of chaotic.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 11:50 PM

Model: 1100 Shadow ACE VT1100C2
Year: 1995
Im in Hull, but would be interested!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page