Honda Shadow Forums banner

So who is where

53K views 156 replies 136 participants last post by  bikenut 
#1 ·
Seeing as New England consists of quite a few states, and me being originally from RI assuming if it is more than an hour awya, better pack a lunch ... who all is from what area.

I currently live in Brookfield CT and work in Danbury. Righton the NY border. What area are you from?

#28 ·
e-roc said:
Taunton, MA here. Just noticed that we have a New England chapter, nice!
Dude...I used to live in Taunton...on Highland Ave just north of Rt44. Right next door to that old clock tower victorian...

I also lived in Raynham for about a year and a half before I moved to Joisey.

#30 ·
I am from Standish, Maine. I just started riding this summer after 30 years of not riding a bike.....and my previous experience lasted just a few months in my senior year of high school. I've learned a lot this year, had a great time riding in the woods and hills of Maine, too bad it's cooling off and riding time is quickly coming to an end.

#33 ·
Millerton, NY
Just across the Ct/NY line near Sharon and Lakeville Ct.

I thought I lived in the middle of Nowhere? Could there be 2 Nowheres? hmmm

#36 ·
Townsend Mass. Righ off of rt.13 about 4 miles from the NH border. Hear the bikes going by on their way to Laconia every June.

#37 ·
Checking in from Monroe, Connecticut. I"m about halfway between Danbury and Bridgeport CT.
I just LOVE riding around Litchfield County, just north of here.
Southwestern Mass, too, around the Route 7 corridor.

See you soon. I'll wave! :D

Greg

#39 ·
Any of you have lunch at Curtis' in Putney? Pretty good BBQ and the ride up Rt 5 is nice.
Yeah that's an interesting place. I also like Top of the Hill Grill in Brattleboro, VT

Just East of Rochester, NY. 4 hours from the Adirondacks.
I went to college in Rochester, NY the winters were miserable and the landscape too flat for good local rides. I am glad to be back east. I did have some nice long rides from coastal NH out to Rochester though.

#40 ·
Used to live in Thompson CT, right on the northeast corner of the state but I moved from there to Dayville and finally Griswold, right in the middle of the border with RI.

I work in Waterford right on the coast. Groton is a stone's throw away. I ride most of the eastern part of the state and the states of RI and MA, but I've been as far south as Charlotte NC (twice) and as far north as Mount Washington in NH (once).

Nice to see so many reps from NE!

#46 ·
radarwill said:
I live in Barre, MA on the shores of the Quabbin Reservoir.
I live on the other side of the Quabbin in New Salem. Have you ever been to the Honey Farms at the junction of Rt 2 and Rt 202?

Sunday mornings there are a group of regulars that show up there... some for pick-up rides, some to have a coffee and use the restroom on their way to a longer ride up north.

I was there during the day yesterday and we saw over 200 bikes come thru in the hour I was there. Most heading back south from Americade and a group of over 40 bikes (Harleys and Hondas for the most part) heading to Portland ME from Virginia. I also saw the coolest sportbike I think I ever saw (and I am not a sportbike guy... I just dont find them comfortable). The details are in the photo descriptions.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73/Reverend_Biker/cool_bikes/[/url]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.