Indiana Riders??? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Indiana Riders???

Hello, I just bought a honda shadow , and im looking for people to ride with in central Indy, Is there anybody around????

ALso wondering i have my bbike permit and really dont have time to go threw ABATE to get my endorsement , is there another weay to do it ????? thanks chad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM

Model: BMW K1200GT
Year: 2003
Garage
Re: Indiana Riders???

From Evansville here. Call your license branch. I think you can just take a riding test with them on their course. If you go through ABATE, you test on a 250 Honda Rebel, which is light and a little more agile. Plus if you drop it, you don't screw up your own bike. If you do it through the BMV, you test on your bike. Give them a call just to verify this. If you make it down to Southern Indiana, PM me and mabey we can set up a ride. Good luck!
Sent from my C5155

2002 750 ACE DELUXE: Sold
2003 BMW K1200GT
Ride Bell by Old Dad
Ride Bell by Gnarly
Ride Cross by "Captain D"

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 AM

Garage
Im From west of indy, I would do abate it was well worth it you can do a lottery just show up for the first class most of the time someone will not show up but you need to bring cash

Sarcasm is just another free service I offer!
2008 Honda shadow spirit 750

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys , I do agree abate is really worth it , just having a whole weekend to do it is hard going into summer.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM

Hi from Evansville too You can go to the BVM get a biginners permit and after I think 30 days you can take the practical riders test.If you pass you will get your license. I think the biginers permit is good for one year but can't remember for sure.Abate does all the testing in Indiana.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

im going to try and find somewhere i can just go and take it , i have had my permit for over 30 days, any places close to greenfeild?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM

Garage

Bmv will have/know schedule and location of test. 20 yrs ago it was every other weekend, but starting in April I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

95 VT1100C
Stock Air box (UNI-Filter), HK's, River Road XL Slant Braided saddlebags, 6 degree Timing Advance, Mustang Wide Touring w/ Driver Backrest, PF3 Windshield, Chrome Engine Side covers, Lower forks, Final drive, Driveshaft, Swingarm, Master Cylinders, Brake caliper

1983 VT750C

1983 VF1100C Magna

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM

If you go to the Indiana BMV web site it will link you to ABATE course and test schedules and locations. Test is $10 to take. Course is like $75 if your not an ABATE member...... No expert here but I just researched all this info myself trying to get my endorsement back. Did the stupidest thing 7 years ago and didn't keep my endorsement when I had it. :banghead:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1998 VT1100C3
No One Left Behind

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page