3rd post. what i did to my bike yesterday, what did you do today/yesterday? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

3rd post. what i did to my bike yesterday, what did you do today/yesterday?

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] Also painted the turn signals even though i plan on getting different ones, along with a sparto tailight and bracket. the paint i used was rustoelum metalic 2-n-1 carbon black. what have ya'll done recently to your bikes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

oh boy....

recently dished in the sides of my tank, stretched it, bondo'ed the rough edges, put a finishing glaze on, wet sanded everything smooth, threw 5 coats of high build primer on, wet sanded it again, put some some cleaner on that ended up ******* my primer job, tried to save it with some more wet sanding, didn't work. cleaned my carbs because some dipshit put diesel in a red GASOLINE can, made a set of forward controls, put on floorboards to compliment the kicked out forwards, etc etc etc a very long list and that's just the RECENT stuff
hand crafted VS intake, hand crafted exhaust, 42 slows and 136/140 keihin mains, hand crafted seat, handcrafted 2" risers, hand crafted shifter, fender removal, hand crafted seat plate, hand crafted struts, hand crafted light bar, longer spacers in the forks, and if I think of anything else I'll edit it in.

edit: after im done with my tank i'm going to sink a couple of spark plugs ive got laying around into my pipes and wire them to the horn lines. I cut my horn off for some reason, I think so my shifter would move freely.
weekend before last I constructed an air brush out of some brass tubing, an old cutting torch head and an old carb jet I had laying around. for the detail work that I will be doing. surprisingly, it works lol

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture159.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	64874  

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page