2000 miles since 8/9/2015 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Cool 2000 miles since 8/9/2015

Still new here and this is my second post. I've been working really hard at building my experience since I took the 2 day rider course in August. I enjoy 45-50mph leisure rides the best but have done some 65mph highway riding. I have a great local mentor/coach/riding friend. Downhill and 50mph+ curves really test my nerves and anxiety. So I go slower and let cars pass me. I'm not in any hurry nor do I wish to get in a contest with a car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 07:28 PM

Sounds like a good learning model. Take your time and enjoy.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 12:55 AM

Garage
It seems that you have the common sense that will help keep you safe. Remember that the cager's are out to get you!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 03:10 PM

Garage
To the OP: I'm still in my first 100 miles of riding ever. I did take the course, as well (Pennsylvania), but I tell people I have a long way to go before I'm SUPER comfortable on the bike... and I can see even with a lot of miles under your belt, you're still consciously cautious!

I might be over age 30, but I'm still a newbie when it comes to riding. I remember those same jitters and bit of nervousness driving my dad's car when I was 16. I'm sure it will pass, eventually. But a little bit of fear is probably a good thing to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjay View Post
It seems that you have the common sense that will help keep you safe. Remember that the cager's are out to get you!

My dad's a rider, since he was a teenager... when my dad was telling a friend of his that I was buying a bike, his friend's words of wisdom were almost the same as yours: "as long as you ride like everyone on the road is out to get you, you'll do fine."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 09:25 PM
bd*

Model: Shadow Spirit 750
Year: 2001
Garage
Iv been riding for over 47 years now and I still fear being hit by a cage of just dumping my bike. I guess it just keeps me on my toes. Ride Safe, !

The wife and I on My, 2001 Shadow Spirit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page